Tuesday, January 29, 2013

WHAT IS TRUE???



Have you ever had to ask God to show you the truth???


Well, I had to do that tonight as I prayed.


You see, I hear this man preach that, and a different man preach this!  And another one preaches something else!!! 




So, to say the least, to hear different preachers preaching and teaching different things-things that are contrary to one another-sometimes makes me wonder who is right!!!  It seems confusing to me!!!



What is clear to me is this!!!



GOD does NOT bring confusion and HE is NOT in confusion!!!  Confusion comes from the devil!!! 



GOD always reminds me of this!!!


1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV) For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.





You see, confusion brings fear!!!  Even as I prayed tonight and asked God to reveal the truth to me, I said to HIM that I didn’t want to be wrong or teach the wrong thing to folks.  I feared that I had been taught wrong.


2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.




One of the reasons that I was talking to God about all this was because I studied under a man of God who believed in studying and preaching the WORD of GOD!!!  And some of what I had heard lately did NOT line up with what this Man of God had taught me!!!




So, as I lay in my bed, I asked God to show me, what was indeed true!!! 





As a preacher of the gospel, I have to know what is right and more importantly, I have to preach and teach what is right and just and true!!!





Well, I got my answer!!!  Here is what GOD told me!!!




STICK WITH THE WORD!!!  THE WORD OF GOD IS WHAT IS TRUE!!!


GOD SAID IT AND THAT SETTLES IT!!! 





I will stick with THE WORD!!!  I will teach THE WORD!!!




I
f it isn’t in THE WORD, then it IS NOT TRUE!!! 




Preachers, I say this to you!!!  You must preach THE WORD!!!  If what you are preaching cannot be found in THE WORD, then don’t preach it!!!





It is very simple!!!!



What you preach must line-up with THE WORD!!!!



John 8:31-32 (KJV)

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.





Jesus is THE TRUTH!!! 


John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


John 14:6 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.



JESUS IS THE TRUTH!!!  JESUS IS THE WORD!!!  HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!!!


John 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.




John 8:12 (KJV) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.





When the devil tries to get us off track or confuse us-when he tries to make us fear-we need to remember what David said!!!





Psalm 27:1 (NKJV)


A Psalm of David.


27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments: