Thursday, September 15, 2011

I will sup with him and he with me.



Have you ever thought about what it means to sup with someone? 

Well, in Revelation 3:20, Jesus tells us, “…if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”


To sup, means to eat and fellowship with someone.  When you sup with someone, you and they are sharing in and partaking of the same things. 


When I looked up the word, “partake,” I found that it means:  specifically to eat or drink something, especially in company with others.    

Jesus says, “…if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” 

Revelation 3:20 (CEV) …If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.


Do you know that when you invite Jesus to come in, He will come in?  And once He has come in, He wants to sit down and share with you.  He wants to visit with you and get to know you.


It is like being asked to go to lunch with a treasured friend.  Can you imagine getting a special invitation or note?  And when you open it up, you find that it is from Jesus, and HE is inviting you to go eat with Him. 

When you arrive at the restaurant, there He sits, waiting patiently for you.  So you go in, and you sit down with Him and you both order something to eat.  Then as the two of you sit and eat, you begin to talk. 

And the two of you sit and talk for hours.  You tell Him all about your life and He tells you all about His life. 


I will come in and we will eat together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this !!!!! Hallelujah and. Bless His Name!!! Amen.