Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WILL YOU WAIT TOO LATE?


What do you do when you go to visit your favorite aunt or your best friend?  Well, if you didn’t call first, then you probably look to make sure that their car is there.  And when you are sure that they are home, you knock on their door or ring the bell.


Most of the time, depending on what friend I am visiting, I will call out their name!  If I was at your door, you might hear me calling your name, and saying, “It’s Just Me!!!”  “It’s Kathy!”

Revelation 3:20 (CEV) 20Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.


Can’t you just picture Jesus standing there, knocking at your door?   


And can’t you just hear HIM calling your name and saying, “It’s just me!  It’s Jesus!!!”  “Come open the door and let me in!!” 

This is what came to me, when I reread this scripture.  I thought who wouldn’t open the door and let Jesus in?  Especially, when I saw this part of the scripture:  If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in…


Then I realized that probably the only person who wouldn’t let Jesus in would be the one who didn’t hear HIM knocking or calling.  And I wondered if there was anyone who wouldn’t hear Jesus calling them?  Anyone who wouldn’t hear HIS VOICE? 

You see, I figure if HE is standing there knocking at your door and HE is calling for you to let HIM in, then you are being invited to join the Kingdom, the Family of GOD!  I say that because for Jesus to be standing at your door knocking, God has to be drawing you.   

John 6:44 (KJV) No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Why would someone NOT hear Jesus knocking at the door?  Why would someone NOT hear the Lord calling their name?  I just could NOT understand why anyone would NOT hear the VOICE of the LORD when HE comes? 

As I pondered this question, the Lord reminded me of this scripture. 

Matthew 25:1-13 (AMP) 1THEN THE kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom.


2
Five of them were foolish (thoughtless, without forethought) and five were wise (sensible, intelligent, and prudent).

3For when the foolish took their lamps, they did not take any [extra] oil with them;

4But the wise took flasks of oil along with them [also] with their lamps.

5While the bridegroom lingered and was slow in coming, they all began nodding their heads, and they fell asleep.

6But at midnight there was a shout, Behold, the bridegroom! Go out to meet him!

7Then all those virgins got up and put their own lamps in order.

8And the foolish said to the wise, Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.

9But the wise replied, There will not be enough for us and for you; go instead to the dealers and buy for yourselves.

10But while they were going away to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were prepared went in with him to the marriage feast; and the door was shut.

11Later the other virgins also came and said, Lord, Lord, open [the door] to us!

12But He replied, I solemnly declare to you, I do not know you [I am not acquainted with you].

13Watch therefore [give strict attention and be cautious and active], for you know neither the day nor the hour when the Son of Man will come.

As I read this parable, the answer to my question was revealed.  There are folks who just aren’t ready!!!  They are NOT prepared!!! 


It’s NOT that they don’t hear HIM calling or that they can’t hear HIS VOICE.  They hear HIM CALLING, but they just keep telling themselves that they are too young to serve God, or He’s CALLING TOO SOON and that they just haven’t lived yet!!! 


And of course, they don’t even realize that those lies came straight from the devil because he wants to steal their soul.  The devil wants to make sure that they miss out and miss CHRIST when HE comes.    

Do you hear HIM calling you?  Have you been ignoring HIS VOICE?

The WORD
says that no one knows when God is going to send JESUS back, NOT even Jesus himself.  So, if HE has been standing at the door and knocking, if HE has been calling you, then YOU ARE TAKING A GREAT CHANCE!!!

Matthew 25:13 (KJV)  13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

You might say, “Oh!!  But that is a long time away!” 




Really!!!  Well, you could be right.  It may be a long time before Jesus comes back to get the whole world!

BUT WHAT IF TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY? 



When it is your time to go, it won’t matter what everyone else is doing, because He will be coming to get you!!! 


Take heed!  He could call your name sooner than you think!!!! Be Alert!  Be ready in case He calls your name and you HEAR HIM NOT!!! 


I just know that when Jesus comes back for me, I want to be watching for HIM and I want to be ready!!!  I want to be prepared to go when with HIM when HE comes for me.


When HE COMES, WE WON’T HAVE TIME TO GET READY!
  If you aren’t ready to meet HIM, it will be TOO LATE!!!


Are you putting off answering the door?  Are you saying in a little while Jesus, in a little while.  I’ll come in, in just a little while!!! 


ARE YOU GOING TO WAIT UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE??? 



WHAT IF JESUS COMES BACK FOR YOU TODAY???



No comments: