Monday, September 26, 2011

JESUS IS THE POWER SOURCE!!!


As I reached for the power cord to my laptop, I was reminded of how we must stay plugged in to Jesus-The WORD because without HIM, we become weak.  We have no authority and power without our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

As you know, if my laptop is NOT plugged into the  electrical outlet, then it will not work because it is NOT plugged in to the power source. 

I can hear some of you saying, don’t you have a battery?  

Yes, I have a battery, and if my battery is properly charged, then it will run for a good while, but once I begin using my laptop, my laptop begins to drain the life out of my battery and it eventually has to be recharged.

That is exactly what happens to us.  We spend time with the Lord, and we get in His Word, and we get ALL charged up.  When we go out into the world and we are full of life and energy, but because we have to live and work out in the world, we become drained.  


So, we have to get plugged back into the power source to get recharged! 

We have to spend time with GOD and get into THE WORD, and allow HIM to renew us. 


Romans 12:2 (KJV) 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


You know, when I am using my battery, and it begins to lose power, it will warn me!  My laptop actually tells me that I need to plug in the power cord because my battery only has 20% power left.    

Wouldn’t it be nice, if lights began to blink and a little warning came across the screens in our minds to tell us that we were getting weak? 

Actually, something similar does begin to happen, if we do NOT stay renewed in our minds, we begin to forget THE WORD of God.  The devil will begin to attack our minds with worry, fear and doubt.  He will torment us in anyway, he can.      

Any time, the devil sees that you are feeling low or that you are getting weak, he will do everything he can to attack you and defeat you. 

So, we must stay plugged into THE POWER SOURCE, THE WORD of GOD-Jesus!!!


Do you know that I can tell who are spending time with, just by hanging around you and listening to what you say? 

IT’S TRUE, YOU KNOW!!! 

You can deny it, but you are only deceiving yourself.  No matter how your friends act, whether you like it or not, you will pick up some of their ways.  And I don’t mean just bad ways, you may also pick up some good ways or some ways that are neither good nor bad.    

Just hang around someone long enough and you will begin to say the things that they say and do the things that they do.  I have had it happen to me and I am sure that most folks have had it happen to them. 


I have a great friend who I see very little of these days, but when I am around her, she says, “Correct.”  Now, most of the time, if you and I are talking I will say, “Yes.  You are right.”  But when I have been visiting with this friend, I will be talking to someone and I will hear myself say, “Correct,” “That’s correct!” or “You are correct.” 

I have another friend who says, “Bye, bye” when she hangs up the phone.  I have tried and tried not to pick this up from her, but if you spoke to me on the phone this evening, when I hung up you would most likely hear me say, “Bye bye.” 


As much as I love these friends,
I would rather hang around JESUS and learn to say the things that HE says.

Now, I realize that the way we talk seems to be such a little thing, but it really isn’t!  The things that we say make such a difference!!!  Our words have such power!!! 


In the
Proverbs 18:21 (KJV) it says, Death and life are in the power of the tongue...  Proverbs 18:21 (MSG) Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit—you choose.


Matthew 12:37 (CEV) 37On that day they will be told that they are either innocent or guilty because of the things they have said.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE!!! 


We’ve all heard folks that are negative and never have a good thing to say about themselves and if you watch, you will see that they never go anywhere in their lives. They never get ahead! 


SO, TRY SPEAKING GOOD THINGS OVER YOUR LIFE AND WATCH GOOD THINGS COME TO PASS IN YOUR LIFE!!!


If you don’t believe me, just try adding one good thing to what you say each day and you will see what a difference it makes in your life.  Try this!  Each day say,
“God Loves Me!  God Loves Me!  God Loves ME!"  Watch and see if you don’t feel better and walk a little taller!!!   


There are so many things in THE WORD that we can say to change NOT only our thinking, but our lives. 


For instance, when you face situations that seem impossible, say,
Nothing is too hard for God!  Gen. 18:14  Then tell yourself, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Phil. 4:13 (NKJV)



REMEMBER, TO STAY CHARGED UP IN THE WORD!!!!
   

Get in THE WORD each day and GET THE WORD IN YOU!!!  Let God charge your battery!  Don’t get caught out in the world with a low or a dead battery. 


Tommy Tenney told of being in a hotel and plugging his phone into his phone charger and going to bed.  The next morning when he woke up and got ready to leave, he found that his phone was dead. 

Because he had been tired, he had forgotten to plug his charger into the outlet on the wall.  So, even though his phone was plugged into his charger, there was no power running through the charger because it wasn’t plugged into the power source! 


REMEMBER TO GET PLUGGED INTO THE POWER SOURCE!!! 

No comments: