Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just Turn It Over To the LORD...


JESUS CAN WORK IT OUT
                                                                                 
                                                                                                        
Choir                                                                            Telephone disconnect (Work it out)
Jesus can work it out                                                    Waitin' on your next pay check (Work it out)
Jesus can work it out                                                    Tell ya what you oughta do (Work it out)
Jesus can work it out                                                    Jesus will see you through!
Jesus can work it out                                                       
                                                                                      Jesus can work it out (Work it out)  4x
Lead (Choir)                                                                    
That problem that I had (I had)                                    Abraham had a son (Work it out)
I just couldn't seem to solve (to solve)                         Isaac was the only one (Work it out)
I tried and I tried (I tried)                                             Led him to a mountain high (Work it out)
But kept gettin' deeper involved (involved)                 Boy gettin' ready to die (Work it out)

I turned it over to Jesus (Jesus)                                    Abraham said no word (Work it out)
And I stopped worryin' about it (‘Bout it)                   But from heaven he heard (Work it out)
I turned it over to the Lord                                           Abraham, Abraham (Work it out)
And He worked it out. (Oh Yeah!)                               Abraham, Abraham (Work it out)

Jesus (Jesus can work it out)                                        Abraham, Abraham (Work it out)
Jesus (Jesus can work it out)                                        There you'll see a ram (Work it out)
Jesus (Jesus can work it out)                                        Didn't He, didn't He, work it out (Work it out)
Jesus (Jesus can work it out)                                        Didn't He, didn't He, work it out (Work it out)

That pain that would not move (Not move)                Jesus can work it out (Work it out)  4x
Had me prayin' in the upper room (Upper room)    
That burden that I bore (I bore)                                   Job was sick so long (work it out)
Just wonderin' how much more (Much more)             Flesh fell from his bone (Work it out)
                                                                                     Wife, cattle, and children (Work it out)
I turned it over to Jesus (Jesus)                                      Everything he had was gone (Work it out)    
And I stopped worryin' about it (Bout it)                        
I turned it over to the Lord                                          Wife came runnin' to him (Work it out) 
And He worked it out (Oh yeah)                                 Devil all in her eyes (Work it out)
                                                                                     Job you sick so long (Work it out)
Jesus (Jesus can work it out)                                       Curse your God and die (Work it out)
If you let him (Jesus can work it out)
I said Jesus (Jesus can work it out)                              Job looked at the woman (Work it out)
I know Jesus (Jesus can work it out)                           Looked up to the sky (Work it out)
                                                                                     Woman you sound foolish (Work it out)
That habit that I had (I had)                                         Don't sound like my wife (Work it out)
I just couldn't seem to break (To break)                         
I prayed and I prayed Lord (I prayed)                         I have no doubt (Work it out)
Don't let it be too late (Too late)                                  God's gonna work it out (Work it out)
                                                                                     I have no doubt (Work it out)
So, I turned it over to Jesus (Jesus)                             God's gonna work it out (Work it out)         
And I stopped Worryin' baout it (Bout it)                   
So I turned it over to Jesus (Jesus)                              I turned it over to the Lord
And I stopped Worryin' about it (Bout it)                   And He worked it out (Oh Yeah!)
                                                                                         
I turned it over to the Lord                                          Jesus (Jesus can work it out)
And He worked it out (Oh Yeah!)                               If you let him (Jesus can work it out)
                                                                                     I said Jesus (Jesus can work it out)
Jesus can work it out (Work it out)  4x                        I know Jesus (Jesus can work it out)

While you're tryin' to figure it out, (Work it out)         I turned it over to the Lord
He's already worked it out (Work it out)                      and He worked it out (Oh Yeah!)
How you’re gonna pay your rent (Work it out)
All your money's spent (Work it out)                           Work It Out!
                                                                                         
A little bit to buy some food (Work it out)
Baby needs a pair of shoes (Work it out)
Say you got a light bill due (Work it out)
And you got a gas bill too (Work it out)



As you can see, I have posted one of the songs that I like best!!!  This song really speaks to my heart because I know that JESUS CAN WORK IT OUT!!!  Whatever problem or need that you have, you can take it to the LORD and HE WILL WORK IT OUT!!! 

To be truthful, I was beginning to feel ALL BLOGGED DOWN!!!”  OH!!!  Did I say, “Blogged Down?”  I meant BOGGED DOWN!!!  

You see, everyone has problems.  It doesn’t matter whether you are saved or not.  The good thing about being saved is that the Lord provides for His Children.  And He is always with them, so they don’t have to go through their problems alone!!!

So, since I was feeling a little overwhelmed, I got still and quiet and I began to pray and this song began to run through my mind.  Getting still and quiet.  That is the key!  When you need to hear from HIM, find somewhere quiet and just sit there and tell God that you are ready to hear from HIM.  He will always answer you!

I had to seek the Lord and find out what to do about this blog and everything else on my “To Do List.”  I am hoping soon to be able to call it a “To DONE List!”  I have had a busy weekend and a busy week and it didn’t seem like I had gotten anything done.  So, I had to cry out to the Lord!!!  And as always, he has answered me.   

Now, a little bit about bogs.  You know, if you happen to walk into a bog, you start to sink quickly and because it is all marshy you can’t find anything to support your weight and you just keep sinking.  If it is real bog, you may not realize that it is there, until you step in and start to sink.  And by that time, it’s too late!!!  You can die in a bog! 

It is a bit different in a muddy boggy place, but it still happens very quickly.  You’re walking along all careful like in the mud, and then suddenly, when you take that one step, your boot, your leg and everything goes into the mud almost up to your knee.  And when you try to step out of the mud, it sucks your boot right off your foot.

Then…  Well…  Oh dear, what are you going to do???  You better call for help!!!  Because you have found a muddy boggy place!!!  And now you are all bogged down!!!  And this kind of bog is probably just a very muddy place that hasn’t dried out yet.  It is really NOT even dangerous, or so we think! 


That having been said, I am going to tell you a little about my raising and then I am going to tell you a true story about a bog!

As a girl growing up in East Texas, the men folks in my family always looked out after the ladies and they still do.  To be truthful that was pretty much expected in the small town of Bonham where I grew up.  That was considered to be what was expected and quite frankly, what was right. 

I learned to drive when I was very young.  Of course, it was at “The Farm” (which my dad and my uncle owned.)  Since I wasn’t allowed (because I was a girl) to haul hay, I had to have something to do.  So, when my dad and my brother or uncle hauled hay, they would put the old truck in “granny gear” and I would ride along as the truck pulled itself through the pasture.  Of course, I would stop the truck when they told me.  And eventually, I graduated from riding to driving. 

I also remember riding way up top in the hay with my brother, peeking down from atop all those bales of hay, out at all the cars, and listening to my brother, Richard singing, “Delta Dawn.”  He sang very well.  I would join in.  We loved to sing!  And it was fun to ride on top with Daddy driving. 

I can remember when our cousins from Garland were visiting and it was almost Christmas.  My daddy always took us to the pasture to get a tree for Christmas and they wanted to take a Christmas tree home with them.  So, all of us kids were riding in the back of the truck after getting our trees.  I was sitting next to the cab on the side of the truck, which we were never allowed to do.  My dad and my uncle Royce were in the front seat.  When my dad hit a bump, off the side of the truck, I went.    

You know, my dad stopped the truck and he helped me up.  He dusted me off and checked to see if I was okay.  Then he helped me get back into the truck and off we went.

One time I was driving the GMC at the farm with my uncle, Sonny, in the passenger seat.  We were cruising down one of the old country roads at the farm and Uncle Sonny, without any warning, all of a sudden said, Turn Here!  I was passing by the place where he wanted me to turn so, when he said turn here, I thought, I can’t!  So, he said it again loudly, “Turn Here!”  So, I did!!!  And right into the ditch, we went!  I can still remember how hard we hit that ditch in that old truck.  It banged so loud, my dad heard it down in the field.  And my Uncle Sonny, being a tall man, hit his head on the top of the cab of the truck.  Stuff flew everywhere!!! 

Well, he kinda laughed and said, “Well, you turned where I told you to turn.”  You know, we had to put something under the back tires of the truck, so they could back the truck out, ‘cause we were stuck, “nose first” in that ditch and the back tires didn’t have any traction.     

Now, I wasn’t a bad driver, but I liked to drive at a good speed.  And I wasn’t much for dawdlin’ around!!  So, when I was finally old enough to get my license and drive on the highway, my mother and dad bought me a nice car (instead of the truck that I wanted.)  I got a white Monte Carlo.  It was only 2 years old and I didn’t even know how blessed I was. 

Mother was going to buy me a truck and I was going to hang curtains in it.  Everyone did that back then.  But Daddy who knew me all too well, said I would drive too fast.  He was afraid that if I had an accident a truck would turn over because most trucks didn’t weigh much.  And in our family, even today, “What Daddy says goes.”        

And so, while I was young, when we rode the horses at the farm, I was always put on the gentlest horse. My dad and my Uncle Sonny were always looking out for my well being and my safety.  As I got older I rode some of the other horses and we put our friends on the more gentle horses. 

One time, when we were very young, my brother and I were riding out in the pasture.  I was riding my uncle’s horse, Bill and my brother was riding his horse, Princess.  I was only a young girl, and all the bridles that we used had the reins tied together, but somehow I ended up with a new bridle that day that had not had the reins tied together.  So, there I was riding along, sittin’ atop of ole Bill and one of the reins slipped out of my hand.  When the rein fell, Bill stopped (just like he had been trained to do.)     

Well, that scared me silly.  I didn’t know that Bill wasn’t going anywhere.  I had no idea that he had been trained to stand still any time one of his reins was dropped.  All I knew was that I couldn’t get down and get the rein ‘cause I was so short, that I would have had to find something to stand on if I wanted to get back on ole Bill. 

I was so scared, that I had started to cry.  And I had to call my brother to come help me.  So, here my little brother came and he wasn’t sure what to do either.  He wasn’t much taller than I was, because we were both just kids.  So, finally, he got down and walked up very carefully to ole Bill and picked up the rein and handed it to me.  During all this time, Bill never moved.    

Problem solved!  Now that may sound real simple, but Bill wasn’t old, he was just very well trained.  And there we were, 2 young kids out in the middle of the pasture and there was no one else to help us.  Don’t get me wrong!  My dad wasn’t too far away, but my brother couldn’t just leave me by myself and ride to get him. 

So, it was just him and me and we had to rely on each other.  For all we knew, Bill could have taken off running and tripped on the rein and fallen with me on him.  So, you see, my life was in my brothers’ hands.  And he had to be very careful when he got down because he didn’t want to spook ole Bill and get his sister killed. 

By the time both of us were older, we each had our own horses and for the most part, we rode our own horses.  Before that I had always ridden one of my uncle horses, and I wanted a horse of my own.  So, Daddy having friends with farms and land, traded one of his trailers to a friend to get me a horse and saddle.  And I rode my horse, every chance I got.

As my brother and I grew older, so did our horses.  Most of them had had babies with Bill.  I told you, he wasn’t old!  My dad and my uncle would break some of the horses and we rode most of them.  By the time we were in high school, we were pretty much what my dad called, “horse poor.”  I mean to tell you, we had lots of horses.   

I remember one time when I was in high school, I was riding one of my brother’s horses, Windy, and we were headed for the barn.  And just in case you don’t know it, most horses will run for the barn if you let them, ‘cause they know they are going to get fed once they are unsaddled and brushed. 

Well, Windy & I were loping along which isn’t a dead run and I wasn’t worried about it.  As we were coming up to the barn, she was still going a good pace, but I was getting ready to stop her.  Ahead of us was an old heavy gate and it was hung maybe 6 inches off the ground.  It was strong enough that almost anyone could step on the bottom rail and hang on, and let it swing shut.  Then get off and latch it.  And it was probably 5 or 6 feet tall which was definitely too high for a horse to jump. 

Well, what I didn’t know at the time, was that my dad saw us riding up and when he saw us go past the 1st gate, where we usually stopped, all he could think was that the horse was out of control and it was going to try to jump the gate with his baby girl sitting on top of it.  And if he didn’t do something, his baby girl was gonna be killed! 

So, here he comes, running out from the other side of the barn.  He runs out in front of us, waving his arms in the air like a mad man, and he scares both me and the horse!!!  Windy rears up, causing me to go flying off of her, backwards no less, and I hit the ground, and I guess my head.  Because when I landed, one of the barrettes that was clipped to my head holding my hair back, had been ripped out of my hair with the hair still in it.  To this day, the hair in that spot only grows 4-5 inches long.     

Until I was old enough to drive out to the farm by myself and ride by myself, I never even had to saddle my own horse.  And until that time, I never rode alone.  I never thought anything about it, that’s just the way it was.  I didn’t even realize how well loved and well taken care of I was!!! 

So, here is the last story; the one about the bog!!!  I was in college or maybe I was already working by that time, but anyway, I had come home and my dad asked if I wanted to with him to round up the cows.  Well, of course, I said yes.

So, there we were on a piece of property that I had never been on in my life and we were herding cows.  I was riding along on the top of an old mare, named Blondie.  I had ridden her quite often.  My uncle bought her when Bill got older.  And she was one of the gentlest, sweetest horses that my uncle had.  He loved horses, too, and was always buying a new one. 

So, here we are walking through a wooded area and all of a sudden one of Blondie’s front feet sank down in this bog and when she tried to get it out her other foot sank into the bog, as well.  It wasn’t mud!  So, now both of her front feet are stuck in the bog and she is almost up to her chest in this bog.  And before I can do anything about it, I slide right over the saddle horn and am sitting on her neck. 

Now, there were no signs of this bog before she stepped in and sank.  I am just sitting there and I have no idea what to do.  I can’t get off of her because she is standing in the bog and if I slide off, I am going right into the bog, as well.   And because of where I am sitting, I have no way to get back in the saddle where I am supposed to be.  So, I really can’t do anything to help her or me. 

I can’t call for anyone because everyone is so spread out.  All I can do is sit there and be still, and hold on and pray. 

And all of a sudden, some way or another, she starts backing up and she manages to pull herself out of that bog.  I am sure that God must have sent the Holy Angels to help us that day because quite frankly I have no idea to this day how in the world we could have gotten out of that bog, otherwise.

So, by now, I guess you are wondering why I have told you all these stories. 

Well, here is what God showed me as I wrote this today.  He showed me that I had a daddy who was always there for me, who always took care of me, and protected me the best he could.  He was willing to give up his life for me to save me.  When I fell or got hurt, my dad was always there to pick me up and dust me off and make sure that I was okay.  Every thing he did for me was for my best.  He always had my best interests in mind.  He put me on the safest horse.  He bought me the safest car.

Daddy took care of me and loved me the best that he knew how, but he could not keep me from walking right into the bog, because I couldn’t see it!!!  Only God could get me and Blondie out of that bog.

You know God is like that.  As our Father above, He loves and protects us the best that He can.  HE is always there for us.  He always takes care of us.  When we fall or get hurt, God is always there to pick us up and dust us off and make sure that we are okay.  Every thing He does is for our best.  He always has our best interests in mind.  He will lead and guide us in the right direction.  He makes our crooked places straight.  He was even willing to give up His life for us to save us.  

But sometimes, we walk right into the bog because we cannot see what is right in front of us!!!  And we can’t get out without His Help!!!  It is at those times that we must cry out to GOD!!!    

And until our help comes, all we can do is sit there and be still, and hold on and pray.  But we have to know that WHEN WE CRY OUT TO GOD, HE WILL SEND HELP!!!   
 
        

No comments: