Monday, September 12, 2011

By SPECIAL INVITATION, ONLY!!!


Revelation 3:20 (KJV) 20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

For many years, I have heard folks say that Jesus stands at the door of our heart and knocks.  I have even heard them say the same thing many times in many churches during the altar call.  And I know that everyone who loves Jesus truly wants the world to be saved!!!  We ALL want others to know GOD and to know Jesus personally!!! 

I have heard so many preachers say, “Today, Jesus is standing at the door of your heart and knocking, if only you will ask HIM to come in.”  And I think that I have said something similar, myself.  And, you know, when we hear that said, it actually sounds pretty good.

Now, what am I getting at??? 

Well, as I studied today, I could hear the Spirit say that you have to be drawn by God.  So, I looked it up!    

John 6:44 (KJV) No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

 

Do you realize that this scripture is telling us that NOT everyone is drawn to Jesus by GOD, so that they can come in and get to know Jesus? 

 

That made me think.  So, I went back and read Rev. 3:20 again in several different versions of the Bible, and when I read the Contemporary English Version, I decided that it is probably a much better translation of this scripture than the others. 


Revelation 3:20 (CEV) 20Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.

 

Wow!!!  What a privilege it is, to be chosen by GOD to be one of those who is asked to open the door so that HE can come in.  So, that we can come to know HIM!  That means that when Jesus knocks on the door of our heart, that it is ONLY by SPECIAL INVITATION, that we are invited to come to Jesus.


Do you hear His Voice calling your name?  Is He standing at Your Door, and knocking, asking YOU to let Him come in?  

Do you realize how special you are?  If God is drawing you, and inviting you to come into HIS FAMILY, then you must be very special, indeed!!!


Is God drawing you?  Is He wooing you, today??? 


If you hear my voice and open the door…

 


No comments: