Saturday, September 24, 2011

Their clothes didn't wear out...


As I told you, the Lord gave me Nehemiah 9:18-25 to read yesterday morning.  He used these scriptures to encourage me and let me know that HE LOVES ME AND HE FORGIVES ME!!!  

And then today, I received my daily email from Joseph Prince Ministries.  He sends out an email to those who subscribe called Daily Grace Inspirations and they are such a blessing!!! 

Anyway, the one I received today talked about part of what I was telling you yesterday and reminded me of how truly blessed we are to serve the One True Living God.  I think sometimes we get so used to being blessed that we take God’s Blessings for granted!!!


There are a few things that the Lord showed me yesterday that I did NOT tell you about and I felt to share them with you today. 

In Nehemiah 9:19 (NKJV), the Word tells us that NOT only did God lead His children with a pillar of cloud by day “To lead them on the road” and a pillar of fire by night “To show them light,” but He showed them “the way they should go.”

God
will show us the way we should go, if we will just ask HIM.  Do you know in verse 20, it says that God gave them His Spirit to instruct (teach) them?  It also tells us that He fed them and made sure they had water to drink.   

I was already in awe after reading how much God continued to love and care for His children, then I read verse 21 (NKJV) Forty years You sustained them in the wilderness; They lacked nothing; Their clothes did not wear out And their feet did not swell.

Here is that same verse in the CEV:  21You took good care of them, and for forty years they never lacked a thing. Their shoes didn't wear out, and their feet were never swollen.

You know, the Lord was really good to them and just saying that, doesn’t really even begin to describe how good He was to them. 

I looked up the part about the clothes and the shoes NOT wearing out and I found this scripture that made me even more impressed with God’s Love for His children!!! 

Deuteronomy 29:5 (NKJV) And I have led you forty years in the wilderness. Your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandals have not worn out on your feet.

So, wow, wouldn’t that be amazing!!!  Just think, if your clothes and your shoes never wore out.  That means that your favorite shirt or jeans would still look like NEW and they would Not have gotten any smaller nor would they have worn out and you could still wear them today!!

And just think, I would still be wearing my favorite pair of tennis shoes (althletic shoes.)     


And did you see in
Neh. 9:21, where it said that their feet did NOT swell!!!  Now, that is awesome!!!    


Just think about it, Their Father GOD was providing everything they needed:  food, water, clothes and shoes!  Wow, what more could a person want?

But God had it all planned out!  He gave them kingdoms and nations.  They took possession of many lands.  You can read about all the lands they conquered in verse 22. 
 
And in verse 23 it says, “You also multiplied their children as the stars of heaven, And brought them into the land Which You had told their fathers To go in and possess.”

In verse 24, it tells us that these same children went in and possessed the Promised Land-all the land that God had promised their fathers.    

Here is Nehemiah 9:25 (KJV)
 And they took strong cities, and a fat land, and possessed houses full of all goods, wells digged, vineyards, and oliveyards, and fruit trees in abundance: so they did eat, and were filled, and became fat, and delighted themselves in thy great goodness.

That is like inheriting a huge house and all kinds of land that has been worked and maintained and taken very good care of!!!  They were able to go into the Promised Land and possess it in the Power of HIS MIGHT!!! 

And they were able to obtain ALL THE BLESSINGS that God had wanted to give their fathers 40 years ago, ALL because they knew and followed God!!! 



I want EVERYTHING that GOD has for me!!!  WHAT BLESSINGS ARE JUST WAITING FOR YOU TODAY??? 


No comments: