Friday, September 16, 2011

“Something GOOD is going to happen to me, today!!!”


Have you ever had a birdie poop on your head?  

Well, that is what happened to me when I walked outside this morning.  I was taking the dogs outside to the yard, and “PLOP.” 

I thought, “You’ve got to be kidding me!!!”  And then I thought, surely NOT!!!  But I knew!  I just knew, so I wasn’t about to put my hand in my hair.

When I got back inside I went to the bathroom to use the mirror, so I could see exactly what was in my hair.  Sure enough, there was green birdie doo in my hair!

I told the Lord, “If this is a sign of the way my day is going to go, I am going back to bed and I will just start over tomorrow.”


The Lord let me know right then and there, that if ALL it took was a little birdie doo to discourage me and make me give up, I could expect to have a bird waiting on me every day of my life, because the devil would make sure to arrange it!

There would be a bird waiting to poop on me every day when I came out of the door of my house. 

And then GOD said to me, “At least, you hadn’t just washed your hair!  And you weren’t all dressed up and ready to go somewhere.” 

You were planning on taking a shower and washing your hair anyway.  So, what’s a little birdie doo?  It’ll wash right out. 

So, I decided to look at it, as a protein pack for my hair.  And I decided that I was going to expect good things today!

So, I said to myself, and the Lord and that ole devil, “Something GOOD is going to happen to me, today!!!”



…And it did!!! 

More than one good thing happened to me, today. 

First of all, my friend and I got a good laugh out of all of this. 

And then I decided to write about it.  This morning when I got up, I had no idea what I was going to write today. 

So, now I have given the devil a black eye by turning something he meant for evil, into something good and something to glorify God. 

Romans 8:28 (KJV) 28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

     

No comments: