Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Trust in YOU, LORD God!!!



As I was reading this morning, I saw this verse. 


Psalms 16:1 Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.


And those few words meant so much to me!!!  I knew that I could trust in HIM to make sure that everything in my life would work out just fine.  Those words gave me so much PEACE!!!!


To knew that I could TRUST IN HIM!!! 


I know that the Lord was reminding me to put my trust in HIM-to have FAITH and believe in HIM for good things. 


You see GOD always reminds me that HIS WORD says that HE has good thoughts and good plans for us. 


Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.


Jeremiah 29:11 (CEB) I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.



For many years the LORD reminded me almost daily that HE would turn what the devil meant for evil into good for me. 


Romans 8:28 (NKJV) And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.



When bad things would happen, I would hear HIM whisper, “FOR THE GOOD!!!”


Not only DOES God turn evil into good, HE PRESERVES and KEEPS US!!!


I was raised up in a household where my mother and grandmother made jellies and canned vegetables.  And so I learned at an early age what it means to preserve food.  If you put your food up or canned it, you were preserving it and keeping it so that it would still be good to eat later. 


So, when I read in verse 1,
Preserve me, O God,” I immediately thought, “Keep me safe God!!!” 


Then I noticed in the notes in my Bible, that it said that the word, PRESERVE, means, “Watch over.”


So, we could actually say that verse 1 in Psalms 16 is saying, “Watch over me, LORD GOD, for I trust YOU!!!” 


As I read this verse this morning, I could feel my confidence and my FAITH swelling up within me!!!  A smile came to my face, because I knew that I could truly say, I TRUST YOU, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!


Not ONLY do I trust you LORD GOD, but I trust you to watch over me and keep me safe and make everything right in my life!!! 


And I knew that God was telling me that EVERYTHING TRULY WAS GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT!!! 



I TRUST IN YOU, OH LORD MY GOD!!! 
 

No comments: