Tuesday, March 3, 2015

FATHER, Give Me The Grace to FORGIVE Them!!!




The words of the song below by Tenth Avenue North, say it ALL!!!


It is ONLY by GOD’S GRACE that can we forgive others.


Ephesians 4:7 (KJV) …unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.


We can forgive others because we, ourselves, have been forgiven of so much.


Ephesians 4:32 (KJV) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.


I know that some folks do NOT believe that we can forgive and forget!!!  I have even heard folks say that they can forgive, but they’ll never forget!!!  They say that it just is NOT possible!!! 


But they are wrong!!!


WE CAN FORGIVE!!!  And furthermore, with GOD’S HELP, we can also FORGET HOW MUCH WE HAVE BEEN HURT!!!! 


ALL things are possible through CHRIST JESUS!!! 


Philippians 4:13 (KJV) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 


Kenneth Copeland tells us that the word,
“which” in this verse refers to the Spirit of GOD inside us working simultaneously with The Father and The Son, in order to help us do ALL things!!! 


I CAN FORGIVE AND FORGET because I have the Spirit of GOD living within me!!! 


Ephesians 3:16 (KJV) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man…


I know that without GOD, I would NOT have the grace to be able to forgive others, especially those who have intentionally hurt me or done me damage!!! 


Luke 18:27 (NKJV) But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”


So, even when I think that I have been too hurt or too wronged to forgive, I can forgive with God’s help!


Matthew 5:44 (KJV) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you


With HIS HELP, I can get rid of the hurt, the broken-heartedness, the bitterness and anger.  I can give it ALL to HIM! 


ONLY GOD is big enough to handle ALL these emotions and NOT be destroyed by them.


Jeremiah 32:27 (NKJV) “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?


Because GOD LOVES ME, I AM ABLE TO LOVE OTHERS!  I AM ABLE TO FORGIVE THEM when they hurt me!!! 


Ephesians 5:1-2 (AMP)

Therefore be imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].

And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance.


I am able to show MERCY to others, because MY LORD has been very merciful to me!  HE died for me.  HE took my place on the cross, and because HE did, I can live!!!


Ephesians 2:4-10 King James Version (KJV)

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.


I love this song because it reminds me that I lose out when I don’t forgive others!!! 


It reminds me that because GOD forgave me, I must remember to forgive others instead of judging them.  I must look through merciful eyes at others and the things that they do!


To me, it is funny (maybe I should say strange) how when we see others doing wrong, it seems to be so much worse than when we mess up!!!  


Why is it that we want GOD to have mercy on us, but then we are so hard on others?  We need to remember to look at others through HIS EYES of compassion!!!


***Click on the title of the song below to watch the linked video!  I hope you enjoy it!



LOSING - Tenth Avenue North

I can't believe what she said...
I can't believe what he did
Oh, don't they know it's wrong?
Don't they know it's wrong?
Maybe there's something I missed?
But how could they treat me like this?
It's wearing out my heart
The way they disregard, oh...

This is love
This is hate
We all have a choice to make

Oh Father, won't You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doing

Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losing

It's only the dead that can live
But still I wrestle with this
To lose the pain that's mine
Seventy times seven times

Lord, it doesn't feel right
For me to turn a blind eye
Though I guess it's not that much
When I think of what You've done.

This is love
This is hate...
We got a choice to make!

Oh Father, won't You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin'

Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losing (oh no)

Why do we think that hate's gonna change their heart
We're up in arms over wars don't need to be fought
But pride won't let us lay weapons on the ground
We build our bridges up, but just to burn them down
We think pain’s owed apologies and then it'll stop
But truth be told it doesn't matter if they're sorry or not
Freedom comes when we surrender to the sound
Of Your mercy and Your grace
Father, send Your angels down

Oh Father, won’t you forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin’

Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losing
I feel like I've been losing

Oh Father give me grace to forgive them...
Cause I feel like the one losing
I feel like I've been losing

Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losing

No comments: