Wednesday, April 6, 2016

When I am Overwhelmed…


You know, there are times when life seems overwhelming to me!!!  I just want PEACE and QUIET!!!  Sometimes, I would just like to be able to run away and hide!!!  To ESCAPE!!! 

I always seem to have a lot going on!!!  While I am sure that others have lots going on, too, and while I am sure that they feel the same way, I don’t have to live their lives.  I am too busy trying to live my own life!!! 

On one of those days that everything just seemed to be too much for me, GOD showed me Psalm 61!!!  When David wrote this psalm unto the LORD, he said it ALL!!! 

When I feel the need to run and hide, here is my prayer to MY LORD and Savior!!!
 

“Oh LORD, MY GOD, help me when I feel overwhelmed by what is going on around me.  Help me when everything seems to come at me all at once!!!  Help me, OH LORD, when the situations in my life seem to flood my mind and my soul and try to overtake me!!!” 


And because MY FATHER, my ABBA DADDY, has showed me Psalm 61, I know HE hears me when I cry out to HIM!!!


Psalm 61:1-4 (KJV)

61 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.


Last night, I looked up the word, “covert” because I wanted to know what the phrase, “the covert of HIS wings” actually meant. 


“Covert,” refers to
the feathers covering the wing or the tail of a bird.  It also means hiding place, covering, den or lair.

As I was reading the meanings, I could just see a hen hiding her chicks under her wings and standing guard over them to protect them!!!

Have you ever walked out in the barnyard and gotten too close to the baby chicks?  I have!!!  Well, if you haven’t, let me tell you, that mama hen will squawk and scream at you and she’ll actually chase you!!!  And honey, if you know what’s good for you, you’ll run for your life!!! 

GOD gives that mama hen the instinct to protect her babies and just as she protects them, GOD WILL PROTECT US!!!  He will hide us under HIS WINGS, and keep us safe!!!


As the king of Israel, David wrote the following verses to GOD, but the LORD showed me something in them, as well.  So, I am going to claim these verses for myself and believe them for me!!!


Psalm 61:5 (NKJV) For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.


Let’s look at the 2nd part of this verse, where David says,
You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.


What is the heritage of those who fear HIS NAME-of those that FEAR GOD??? 


Well, first off, those that fear the LORD are those who LOVE HIM and are called by HIS NAME!!!  That is who David is referring to here in this verse!!!  In some verses, it calls us the children of GOD and in other verses, we are called the servants of the LORD!!!


As GOD’S children, those who are called to do HIS WILL, HIS servants, we know that all the promises in THE WORD OF GOD belong to us!!!


But if we look up Isaiah 54, we find that this scripture specifically answers this question. 



Isaiah 54:17 (NKJV) No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.


I’m NOT sure which scripture I love the most, Isaiah 54 or Psalms 61!!!


Psalm 61:6 (KJV)

Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations.

7 He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.


I am going to make these scriptures mine!!!



So, here in verse 6 where you see the words,
“king’s life,” from now on, I am going to say, “my life!!!”  I am going to say, GOD, I know that YOU are going to prolong my life!!!
According to verse 7, I am going to say and believe that, “I will abide before GOD for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve me!!!” 


You see, I know that I can have whatsoever I say, as long as I believe!!!  Mark 11:22-24 


Psalm 61:8
(KJV) So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.


I am going to ask the LORD to help me keep the promise in verse 8.




Today, as always, I want to THANK GOD for watching over and protecting me.  HE IS MY ABBA FATHER!!!  I am so thankful to be able to sit upon HIS lap and learn at HIS feet!!!  I am so thankful that HE LOVES ME and that HE saw something special in me.  I am so thankful that HE chose me to be HIS CHILD!!!  I am so thankful that HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR ME ON THAT OLD RUGGED CROSS!!! 


John 3:16-18 (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.


I THANK JESUS FOR DYING FOR ALL OF US, so that we could be saved-so that we would have a chance to live a new life on this earth and have eternal life in heaven with HIM and with OUR FATHER, GOD!!!


2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Christ has made me a new creature and HE has given me new life!!!  With GOD, I have someone to run to when times get tough and seem overwhelming!!!  I know that when I TRUST IN GOD, HE IS GOING TO WORK EVERYTHING OUT FOR ME!!!



So, when I feel overwhelmed… 

I will run to MY FATHER and I hide there under the protective covering of HIS WINGS!!!


No comments: