Tuesday, April 19, 2016

While The Storm Is Raging





Is there turmoil and trouble all around you? 



Does it seem like ALL HELL is breaking loose???



If so, you are in the midst of a storm!!!



But even when you are in the midst of the storm, GOD IS THERE WITH YOU!!!!



GOD has told us that HE will never leave nor forsake us!!! And HE means exactly that!!!

 

Deuteronomy 31:6 (ESV) Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.



Just as this verse says,
WE ARE NOT TO FEAR OR DREAD!!!  In this case, the Jews were facing a people and GOD was telling them NOT to FEAR those people.  For us, it could be a situation or a problem or people, that we have to deal with, but no matter what is going on, GOD doesn’t want us to FEAR!!! 


Isaiah 41:10 Amplified Bible (AMP)

10  ‘Do not fear [anything], for I am with you;
   Do not be afraid, for I am your God.
   I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you;
   I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand
   [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].’




NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, GOD is telling us NOT to be AFRAID!!!  When we PRAISE GOD, we are activating our FAITH!!!  And FEAR has to leave!!!
 




2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.



We must PRAISE GOD while the storm is raging!!!  I say “MUST” because it is NOT something that we should do, but something that is absolutely necessary!!!  It is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that we PRAISE GOD while the storm is raging!!!!  It is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that we THANK GOD while we are going through the storm!!! 



We PRAISE and THANK GOD because we know that even in the midst of the storm, HE IS WITH US!!!  We PRAISE and THANK GOD because we know that even in the midst of the storm, HE IS WORKING!!!  We PRAISE and THANK HIM because we know that HE will guide us through the storm and bring us safely out of it!!!


Sometimes, ALL we can see is the storm!!!  We can’t see GOD, because HE is working behind the scenes (in the midst of the storm.)  And even though we can’t see GOD, WE KNOW THAT HE IS THERE WITH US IN THE STORM!!!

Because we TRUST GOD to see us through every storm, we PRAISE HIM and we THANK HIM while we are in the storm!!!  TRUSTING GOD, LEANING ON HIM AND KNOWING THAT HE WILL TAKE CARE OF US, BRINGS PEACE to our hearts, our minds and our souls.  With GOD, we have THE PEACE THAT PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING!!! 



Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.



Philippians 4:6-7 (CEB)

Don’t be anxious about anything; rather, bring up all of your requests to God in your prayers and petitions, along with giving thanks.

Then the peace of God that exceeds all understanding will keep your hearts and minds safe in Christ Jesus.



When we PRAISE GOD through all the trouble and turmoil, through all the trials and tribulations, and even though the storm is raging all around us, WE DEFEAT the ENEMY!!! 



I like to say that I am going to PRAISE GOD, just so I can give the enemy a BLACK EYE!!!     



You see, even though I don’t like to give that old snake any credit, it is he, the enemy of our souls that causes the storms in our lives!!!  He does every thing that he can to stir up trouble and cause problems in our lives.  He wants to steal our peace!!!  He wants us to be upset and troubled!!!  He doesn’t want us to sleep good at night!!!  AND last, but NOT least, he doesn’t want us to TRUST GOD!!!!



That is the other reason that we
PRAISE GOD!!!  No matter what is happening in our lives, we must PRAISE and THANK GOD!!!  We must THANK HIM for bringing us out of the storm.  We must PRAISE AND THANK HIM for working all things out for us because HE is doing it for our good!!!  We must TRUST GOD and know that HE is doing just that!!!  GOD IS WORKING THINGS OUT FOR OUR GOOD!!!! 



Romans 8:28 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.



I can’t tell you how many times the LORD has spoken this scripture to me in the midst of a storm.  One time in particular, I heard GOD simply say,
“For the good.”



That settled it!!!  I knew that GOD was with me!!!  I knew that MY GOD had everything under control and that HE was working every thing out for my good!!! 



In that moment in time, I knew that no matter how things looked, GOD was HANDLING it ALL for me!!!  I knew that GOD was taking care of it and that I had no need to worry!!!  I COULD TRUST IN HIM and HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING FOR ME!!!



This is what we need to understand in each and every situation.  We need to understand that GOD is there with us, in the midst of the storm, and that HE is working.  Even though we may NOT be able to see what HE is doing, HE is working on that problem, issue, or situation.  Sometimes, GOD allows me to see the end result and then I realize just how much GOD loves me and how HE had protected me in each and every situation!!!



GOD KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING!!!  GOD HAS EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL!!!   



So, even though the storm is raging,
I CHOOSE TO PRAISE GOD!!!  Even though the storm is raging, I CHOOSE TO THANK GOD!!! I know that HE IS WORKING EVERYTHING OUT FOR ME!!!  I CHOOSE TO PLACE MY TRUST IN GOD, because I KNOW THAT HE LOVES ME!!!



Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.


Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart
And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him,
And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].

 

No comments: