Sunday, September 9, 2012

The TRUTH of God’s Armor






Today, I want to talk to you about THE TRUTH!!!   




The WORD says, You shall know THE TRUTH, and THE TRUTH shall set you free!!! 



John 8:31-36 (AMP)


31 
So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples.

32 And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

33 They answered Him, We are Abraham’s offspring (descendants) and have never been in bondage to anybody. What do You mean by saying, You will be set free?

34 Jesus answered them, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, Whoever commits and practices sin is the slave of sin.

35 Now a slave does not remain in a household permanently (forever); the son [of the house] does remain forever.

36 So if the Son liberates you [makes you free men], then you are really and unquestionably free.



Do you know that when God speaks of THE TRUTH in this scripture, that HE is referring to JESUS???




John 14:6 (CEV) “I am the way, the truth, and the life!” Jesus answered. “Without me, no one can go to the Father.



Did you see where Jesus says, that if the SON makes you free, you will indeed be free???


John 8:34-36 (KJV)

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.




JESUS is speaking of HIMSELF, as the SON of GOD!!!!




He is saying that HE will set us free, if we come to know HIM-if we accept HIM as our Lord and Savior!!! 






Have you ever prayed for a friend or loved one to be saved, and set free???  Most people have!!! 




That is exactly what my prayer partner and I pray when we know that someone needs to know Jesus!!! 




During one of these prayer times, my friend prayed that the truth be shown to the person that we were praying for.  She prayed that God would open up this person’s eyes, so that he/she would see the truth!!!   




Then my friend shared with me how God had opened up her eyes and she had accepted Christ as her Savior!!! 




After that God began to say to me, “The Truth shall be revealed!”




Finally, The Lord said to me,
“You can’t make others see the truth, but you can pray that The Truth be revealed to them!!!” 



So, now when I pray, I ask God for
THE TRUTH TO BE REVEALED, especially when I meet people who do NOT know the Lord!!! 




But honestly, I pray this same thing many, many times in many situations and circumstances!!!
 




I NOT ONLY need the TRUTH TO BE REVEALED in my life
, I need HIM to be revealed in my situations and circumstances!!!  And in the lives of those that I love and know!!! 




If you stop and look around you, you will see that people everywhere need
Jesus to be revealed in their lives, and in ALL their many situations and circumstances!!!!



So, when the Lord said to me that
the Truth would be revealed, HE was referring to the fact that His Son, Jesus Christ will be revealed to all the earth and all those in the earth!!!




There are a lot of people who have no knowledge of GOD and there are many people in this world that have been deceived by the enemy!!! 



John 8:31-32, 36 (NCV)


 31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, "If you continue to obey my teaching, you are truly my followers.

32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."



36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free.



WE MUST KNOW THE WORD OF GOD AND BE ARMED WITH IT in order to stand against the devil and his trickery and deceit!!!




Ephesians 6:11-13 (NKJV)  



11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.




You know, we can’t fight the devil without
THE TRUTH!!!



Ephesians 6:14, 17 (KJV)


14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth,


17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;



No comments: