Tuesday, September 25, 2012

GOD LOVES A MAN AFTER HIS OWN HEART!!!!



 

When he was young, DAVID LEARNED TO TRUST THE LORD!!!  Because David trusted in THE LORD in ALL things, God was always on his side!!!



1 Samuel 17:34-35 (NKJV)

34 But David said to Saul, “Your servant used to keep his father’s sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock,

35 I went out after it and struck it, and delivered the lamb from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught it by its beard, and struck and killed it.




Father God had given David victory over both the bear and the lion!!!  David knew who HIS GOD was and he knew that HIS GOD was well able to help him defeat any foe!!!  



1 Samuel 17:45-51 (NKJV)

45 Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

47 Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.”

48 So it was, when the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, that David hurried and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.

49 Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung it and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth.

50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David.

51 Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it.

And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.





Becoming King did NOT change who David was or what he believed!!!!  He continued to believe and trust in God!!!  Because David chose to seek The Lord and depend on HIM, God honored David and helped him fight his enemies!!!!



1 Chronicles 14:8-11 (CEV)


When the Philistines heard that David had become king of Israel, they came to capture him. But David heard about their plan and marched out to meet them in battle.

The Philistines had already camped in Rephaim Valley and were raiding the nearby villages.

10 David asked God, “Should I attack the Philistines? Will you help me win?”

The Lord told David, “Yes, attack them! I will give you victory.”

11 David and his army marched to Baal-Perazim, where they attacked and defeated the Philistines. He said, “I defeated my enemies because God broke through them like a mighty flood.” So he named the place “The Lord Broke Through.”




It has been said that
Alexander the Great is one of the greatest examples of strength and leadership.  Even today, people talk about his leadership skills and strategies, but without God’s help this man would have been nothing!!!  His abilities do NOT even compare to our GOD!!!!  He certainly did NOT have the favor that King David had with God!!!  God called David, A Man after His Own Heart!!!



1 Chronicles 14:13-17 (NKJV)

13 Then the Philistines once again made a raid on the valley.

14 Therefore David inquired again of God, and God said to him, “You shall not go up after them; circle around them, and come upon them in front of the mulberry trees.

15 And it shall be, when you hear a sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall go out to battle, for God has gone out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines.”

16 So David did as God commanded him, and they drove back the army of the Philistines from Gibeon as far as Gezer.

17 Then the fame of David went out into all lands, and the Lord brought the fear of him upon all nations.





David writes a song of praise so that he may sing of God's greatness and worship the Lord for ALL the many times that GOD delivered him out of the hands of his enemies!!!



2 Samuel 22:1-20 (NKJV)

1 Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul.

And he said:
“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;

The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

“When the waves of death surrounded me,
The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.

The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;
The snares of death confronted me.

In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry entered His ears.

“Then the earth shook and trembled;
The foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken,
Because He was angry.

Smoke went up from His nostrils,
And devouring fire from His mouth;
Coals were kindled by it.

10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down
With darkness under His feet.

11 He rode upon a cherub, and flew;
And He was seen upon the wings of the wind.

12 He made darkness canopies around Him,
Dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

13 From the brightness before Him
Coals of fire were kindled.

14 “The Lord thundered from heaven,
And the Most High uttered His voice.

15 He sent out arrows and scattered them;
Lightning bolts, and He vanquished them.

16 Then the channels of the sea were seen,
The foundations of the world were uncovered,
At the rebuke of the Lord,
At the blast of the breath of His nostrils.

17 “He sent from above, He took me,
He drew me out of many waters.

18 He delivered me from my strong enemy,
From those who hated me;
For they were too strong for me.

19 They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
But the Lord was my support.

20 He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me.



No comments: