Tuesday, November 27, 2012

HE knows them that trust in HIM!!!



The Lord is always good to me!!!  HE IS THE ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME!!!  HE KNOWS MY MIND, and MY HEART!!!




HE KNOWS WHAT MAKES ME TICK!!!  HE KNOWS THE VERY FABRIC OF MY BEING!!!




HE LOVES ME!!!
  And to know that HE LOVES ME makes my heart swell with pleasure!!!  And when “the going gets rough,” it comforts me!!!




One morning recently, when I asked THE LORD to speak to me, HE gave me this scripture because HE knew that I was deeply concerned about a certain situation-one that seemed very much beyond my control!!! 


I opened my Bible to Nahum and here is what I read!!!



Nahum 1:2-7 (KJV)


God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languisheth.

The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.



You know, even as I read this passage again, I can hear HIM reassuring me that my enemies are HIS ENEMIES!!!
 



This is what The Lord told David about his enemies!!!


Psalm 110:1 (NKJV)

A Psalm of David.

110 
The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,

Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”



God told me a long time ago that I was to be kind to my enemies and treat them right because HE WOULD take care of them for me!!!  And HE gave me this scripture!!! 



Psalm 37:1-3 (NKJV)


A Psalm of David.
37 Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.

For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.

Trust in the Lord, and do good…


I can still remember the day that HE gave me this scripture and the mental image that HE
gave me as I preached!!!



I could just see THE LORD cranking up a big old lawn mower!!!  And I knew that “HE WAS GOING TO CUT THE GRASS!!!”



In Psalm 37, God tells us NOT to be upset by or be envious of those who do evil because “
they shall soon be cut down like the grass.”
 

Psalm
37
1 Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.

For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.



So, as I read in Nahum, I knew that God had indeed once again seen my heart!!! 



Nahum 1 (KJV)


God is jealous, and the Lord revengeth; the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.



And the more I read, the more I knew that HE UNDERSTOOD HOW I FELT!!!  And I knew that HE would take care of those who make themselves to be my enemies!!!!



The
Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.



I am so glad that the Lord is slow to anger because that means that ALL of us have time to repent when we do wrong!!!  I know that once we accept Christ as our savior, God no longer calls us the wicked!!!  And that is very good news for ALL of us!!!



It took me a long time to understand that HE IS AT WORK in the storm and yes, even in the whirlwind!!!  And that when we cannot see HIM through the clouds, it is okay!!!  Because even when we cannot see it, HE IS WORKING AND MOVING FOR US!!!

 He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers:



Did you know that GOD divided the Red Sea and then caused the East wind to blow all night?  Did you know that the wind dried the land that had been under the red sea, so that HIS CHILDREN would not get their feet muddy???



The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, …



If God tells the mountains to be removed, then they are removed!  If he says to the hills to become nothing, then indeed they become nothing!!!  Everything on the Earth knows God and awaits HIS command.



… yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.


Who is it that can stand against God and win???  They can try, but they cannot succeed!!!  And because I am HIS CHILD, my enemies cannot prevail against me!!!  When I place my trust in HIM, My Father will
STAND UP FOR ME!!!!




I know ALL this, but sometimes the fight seems too hard or too long!!!  And yes, sometimes the people seem too evil!!! 




And so when I read Nahum, I knew that God was reassuring me that HE had my back!!!! 



When I saw verse 7, I thought, MY GOD KNOWS THAT I TRUST IN HIM!!!  HE IS MY STRONG HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble;
and he knoweth them that trust in him.




MY FATHER KNOWS THAT I TRUST HIM!!! 



And that means the world to me!!!

No comments: