Thursday, November 1, 2012

Teach me Your Ways, O LORD!!




As I went to pick up my Bible today, I saw this scripture!!!


Psalm 86:11
(KJV) Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.



I thought, Wow!!!  What an awesome scripture!!!




So, as a friend and I were talking, I shared this scripture with her!!!




Of course, I was reading out of the KJV, and my friend said that she would look it up in the New Living Translation (NLT) when she got home!!!  That is what she reads!!!



Since I had my phone, I looked up this scripture in that version and I was even more wowed!!!



Here is what Psalm 86:11 says in the NLT!!!


Psalm 86:11
(NLT) Teach me your ways, O Lord,
    that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you.


I must admit that the way the writers worded this scripture is truly beautiful!!!



GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME!!! 


I know that it shouldn’t amaze me that HE IS SO WONDERFUL!!!!  But the abundance of HIS LOVE for us and how HE shows us so much MERCY AND GRACE does amaze me!!!



And so today, this is my prayer!!! 


Walk with me ALL day today, LORD!!!  Be with me every moment!!!  Lead me and guide!!!  Pull me up short if necessary!!! 


Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you.”
 

No comments: