Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving!!!





I had NOT intended to write a “Thanksgiving Day” post because Thanksgiving Day is NOT the only time of the year that we need to be thankful!!!
  We should be thankful at ALL times!!!



We should know at ALL times that Our Father in Heaven loves us and

has given us HIS VERY BEST-HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON!!!  John 3:16



So, while we are thankful for our family and our friends, and for ALL the things that we have, we need to remember most of ALL to be grateful to Our Father Above for loving us so much!!!
 



And we definitely need to tell HIM how thankful we are as often as possible!!!
 



You know, even though we may sometimes forget it, Our Father is constantly looking after us!!!
  HE IS CONSTANTLY WATCHING OVER US!!!




Just as GOD told His Children in the wilderness, HE tells us today that
HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US NOR FORSAKE US!!!  Deut. 31:6



There are many songs and scriptures that tell us to give thanks unto The Lord, but the words from one song have stuck with me over the years.



I will enter HIS gates with THANKSGIVING IN MY HEART!  I will enter HIS courts with praise!



When I looked up these words, I was taken to Psalm 100.



Psalm 100 (NKJV)


A Psalm of Thanksgiving.

1
 Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!

Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.

Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.



Most of us have so many things to be thankful for!!!  We are so truly blessed!!!




Even as I write this, I know that so many times we are THANKFUL for what God gives us, but we
forget sometimes to WORSHIP AND THANK HIM just because of who HE IS!!!




When we were little we would climb up in the lap of the one we loved and we would be so glad to be with them!!! 




Most folks cherish even the memories of those moments!!!
 



That is what God wants us to do!!!
 



He wants us to climb up into HIS LAP, and snuggle deep into HIS LOVING ARMS so that HE CAN LOVE US AND KEEP
US SAFE!!!   And just like any Father would do, HE will wrap HIS arms around us and hold us tightly!!!



HE WANTS US TO REST IN HIS LOVING ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  HE WANTS US TO CHERISH THE MOMENTS THAT WE HAVE WITH HIM!!!




Just as a child reaches up to hold the face of his or her loved one, Our Father in Heaven wants us to reach up and take HIS FACE in our hands.
  HE wants us to see who HE IS!!! 



HE WANTS US TO LOVE HIM FOR WHO HE IS-OUR FATHER!!!




IT PLEASES HIM TO SPEND TIME WITH US-TO JUST BE WITH US!!!  IT PLEASES HIM TO BE LOVED BY US-TO BE CHERISHED BY US!!!



HE LOVES US THAT MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And just as any other Father, HE is pleased to provide for us and to take care of us!!!
 



But HE wants us to love HIM because HE is Our Father, not because of what HE can give us!!!



Today, I am thankful that HE has me in the palm of HIS HAND!!!  


Isaiah 49:15-16 (TNIV)

15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
    and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are ever before me.




I am so thankful today, that
HE IS MY FATHER in HEAVEN!!!  I am thankful that I AM HIS CHILD!!!  I am thankful that I AM SPECIAL IN HIS EYES!!!    




He sees and knows exactly who I am!!!  AND HE LOVES ME!!!!

No comments: