Thursday, February 6, 2014

LOOKING FOR THE GOOD!!!




It is so important to LOOK FOR THE GOOD in every situation. 


I’m NOT just talking about thinking positive.  I am saying that we should stand on the promises of God’s Word!


Romans 8:28 (ESV) And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose.

Footnotes:
a.   Romans 8:28 Some manuscripts God works all things together for good, or God works in all things for the good


I included the footnote that was shown in the English Standard Version because it explains this scripture so well, when it says, God works in ALL things for the good!!!


What we can NOT and do NOT see is what God is doing behind the scenes. 


We cannot see HIM working to turn things into GOOD FOR US.


Many years ago, God told me that even though I couldn’t see it, HE was at work in the midst of the storm. 

We see the storm, but NOT what God is doing.  We see the wind and the rain.  We see the thunder and lightening.  And we see the mess that is left behind when the storm is over and we wonder why.


We see the limbs that were blown from the trees and have landed in the yard, but we don’t realize that those same limbs could have very easily fallen on the top of the house and ripped through the roof.


Most of the time, ALL we see is the mess, NOT THE GOOD that comes from the storm.

Many years ago, we hired a new person at the school where I taught.  That Monday morning, something happened and that person got very upset and left.  Everything and everyone was in an uproar, but I could hear God say, FOR THE GOOD!!! 


Just hearing those words brought PEACE to my mind, heart and soul!!! 

I knew that God was assuring me that things would work out for THE GOOD.  Later I was told by a friend, that this person had some problems and didn’t need to be around the children.  I had no idea, but God knew!!!


Another time at that same job, the Lord told me to go home.  It was the day that I usually stayed late at work to do Lesson Plans, but the Lord said to go home.  He told me 3 times, so I packed up and went home.  I got down the road and realized that I had forgotten something.  I said to the LORD, I have to go back, but the LORD said, NO!!! GO HOME!!!  So I did. 


The next morning when I got to school, my boss said that she had looked for me, but I was gone.  Then she explained that one of the kids from my class had pottied in his pants while he was riding the bus home.  He had smeared poop all over his seat and the area around where he sat.  The driver had called wanting one of us to clean it up.  The boss had come to find me so that I go could clean-up the bus!


I have NEVER been so thankful that I listened to GOD!!! 

I had no idea, but once again God knew!!!  HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!!!


That day I avoided the storm by listening to GOD and doing what HE told me to do!!!    

Many years ago, I left a church because God told me to go.  While I was there, I had weathered many, many storms and watched God turn situation after situation for THE GOOD.  But when I talked to the LORD about what had happened, HE said that HE wasn’t going to fix things this time.  HE told me that I needed to leave and go on with my life, so I did. 


After a couple of months of visiting other churches, a preacher asked me to come preach at his church.  I enjoyed the service so much that I went back a couple of times and eventually joined that church. 


About 6 months later, that same Man of God licensed me to preach.  Of course, I had been preaching for years.  I had started preaching at that other church, but I never could seem to get my license there. 


One of the first couple of Sundays that I was at my new church, I went with them to another service in another town.  There I saw a man preach his first official sermon.  It was a big event and I had never seen this man before, but his message was good. 


Later, they invited this man to preach at our church.  God really spoke through him that day and after service we talked.  Many times after that we spoke on the phone, and we became good friends.  God has shown me many good things about this man and has told me that he will play an important part in my life in years to come. 


But just think, if there had NOT been a storm in that other church and if I had NOT left when God had told me to go, I would NOT have met this man.


If we watch for THE GOOD, we will find it!!!  And if we are God-minded, God will reveal it to us.


Back in October, my laptop broke and I thought that I was going to have to fix it, myself.  I had already replaced one part on it.  There had been things going wrong for a while, but I had fixed most everything. 


While I was looking through my paperwork, so that I could order the right part, I found that the extended warranty that I had bought was still in effect.  So, right before Thanksgiving I sent my laptop in to the warranty folks.


I finally got a new laptop in January.  There was some problem with the warranty company getting my money to me, but it all worked out for THE GOOD!!!  They ended sending me a check.  This company usually sends you a gift card that can only be spent at the place where you bought your original item. 


Needless to say, I was thrilled to be able to spend my money wherever I wanted to spend it.  I ended up buying my new laptop through another company.
   

So today, I am writing my blog on my new laptop and it is much better than the one that I had before.  The reviews were better for this company’s products and their tech support is rated very highly because of the quality of their customer service.      

So, ALL the mess and the delay, and even the time that I spent researching and trying to find just the right laptop were well worth it!  And my new laptop was well worth the wait!      


GOD MADE IT ALL WORK FOR MY GOOD, because I love HIM and I am called for HIS purpose. 


So, the next time things seem to go wrong and a storm looms on the horizon, remember to look to Jesus and watch HIM turn everything for your good because you love HIM and you are called for HIS purpose. 


Romans 8:28 (NKJV) And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  

No comments: