Monday, February 10, 2014

You Get What You Expect!!!




It’s true, you know.


You get what you expect.


What do I mean?


I mean that what you expect to happen to you is what is going to happen to you.  If you believe it and expect it, it will happen.    


Do you know why???


Because you NOT ONLY expect it, you believe it, you think about it and you talk about it.


So, you should expect good things, and NOT bad things.


Oral Roberts used to say, “Something good is going to happen to you today!!!” 


We all need to do as Oral did and expect good things to happen to us. 


When you expect good things, good things will happen.  And unfortunately, when you expect bad things, bad things will happen.  It is the same principle.


Those things that you look for, and believe for and talk expectantly in faith about are the things that happen.


How do I know that?  Because God says so in HIS WORD!


Mark 11:22-23 (NCV)

22 Jesus answered, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, fall into the sea.’ And if you have no doubts in your mind and believe that what you say will happen, God will do it for you.


When I was first writing this post, I had one of those moments when my train of thought seemed to go and I didn’t know what else to write or where to go with it.  So, I just stopped writing.  I felt like I had gotten off course.


That night when I went to bed, I lay there and God said that He gives us the things that we ask for in FAITH because HE is exceeding abundantly able to do more than we could ever ask or think. 


Ephesians 3:20 (NKJV) Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that  works in us.


I love this scripture.  God says that HE can do so much more than we can even ask or think.  When I looked up Ephesians 3:20, I found that one version says that HE can do more than we can even dare to imagine!!!   


EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY above all that we ask, think, or imagine. 


Now that says it ALL!!! 


Most of us have a mental list of the things that we want, but let’s be real, some of these things are things that we never talk about!!!  They are things that we ONLY think about in the secret places of our mind-things we would never discuss with anyone else.


Maybe it is because we feel that we can’t afford them or we feel that we really don’t need them, so we don’t really ever expect to get or have these things.


I wonder how many times we have things in the back of our mind that we would really like to have, but we believe in our hearts that we will have to wait until “our ship comes in.” 


God says that we have NOT because we ask NOT.


James 4:2 (NCV) …You do not get what you want, because you do not ask God.


And once we ask God for what we want, we have to wait patiently in faith expecting to receive what we have asked of HIM.  We watch and wait patiently knowing and believing that because we have asked our Father, we will get what we asked.


Mark 11:24 (NCV) So I tell you to believe that you have received the things you ask for in prayer, and God will give them to you.


I know at times that we think of the things that we
would like to have as luxuries-as things that are less important than our everyday needs. 


Maybe what you would actually like to have is a recliner, but you think, Oh  well, that couch that I have is just fine and I don’t actually need a recliner.  But God knows how much you really would like to have that recliner. 


God sees our hearts. 


Hebrews 4:12 (ESV) For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.


And HE knows more than we do what we need and what would please us and delight us because HE knows our inner most thoughts and desires!!!


Psalm 37:4 (AMP) Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.


I had wanted a laptop for a long time and I knew that I would EVENTUALLY get one, but what I didn’t know was how much I really needed one.  However, my heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed and when I would need it the most.


And suddenly, very unexpectedly, my folks decided that they would buy me a laptop.  They told me to find the one that I wanted and order it.  They said they would pay for it. 


I was so excited.  I had waited so long and I felt so blessed!!!  I knew it was God who had inspired them to buy me a laptop. 


So, I asked the LORD, why HE had done this for me, and HE said, I KNEW YOU WOULD LIKE IT!!! 


You know, that is just how our Father is.  HE LOVES US AND WANTS GOOD THINGS FOR US.  HE WANTS TO BLESS US!!! 


It says in the WORD, that Father God loves us just like our natural fathers do and that HE wants good things for us, just like they do.    


Matthew 7:9-11 (CEB)

Who among you will give your children a stone when they ask for bread? 10 Or give them a snake when they ask for fish? 11 If you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask Him.


And when I was hunting for just the right laptop, and I asked HIM what to look for HE reminded me of the things that I had wanted in a new computer.  And so, when I began looking at laptops, I found one on sale that had just the processor that I had wished for NOT TOO LONG BEFORE!!!  And it had all the features that I had told the LORD that I wanted.     


HE was with me the whole way.  HE never left me to figure it out on my own. 


John 14:17 (NKJV) the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.


Sometimes it seems like that what we are expecting is delayed, but we can’t give up!!!  We have to keep expecting good things to happen to us!!!  We have to still believe in GOD and know that HE is at work!!! 


Daniel 9:23 (NCV) When you first started praying, an answer was given, and I came to tell you, because God loves you very much…



No comments: