Monday, February 24, 2014

Great God Almighty, HE Done Changed Me!!!




Have you heard MercyMe’s new song, SHAKE?


If NOT, just click on the title of this post.  I have linked the official video and it is really great.  I hope you will enjoy it!!


I first heard part of this song one day on my way home.  I had stopped and when I got back in the truck, it was playing on the radio.  The only words that I remembered are the ones below.    


Great God Almighty done changed me
Great God Almighty, He done changed me


So, I googled them and I found the song, and of course, several videos.  If you have read my previous post, then you have probably already seen a couple of the videos that I found. 


This song isn’t just a really good song.  It’s a TRUTHFUL song!!


What do I mean?


When you get saved, you are changed.  You just can’t meet GOD without being changed!!!  There is just no way to truly get to know the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY and remain the same as you once were.


Some folks seem to take longer, but I have seen folks that are immediately and drastically changed forever.  And I do mean changed for life.     


I think in ALL truth, folks don’t really realize how broken their lives are, until they meet Jesus. 

And although I doubt that most folks would admit it, they need Jesus to heal their broken hearts and repair their broken lives. 


I know that a lot of folks will tell you that they have found THE LORD, but in ALL TRUTH, it is Jesus who finds us!  HE meets you wherever you are.  HE finds you when you need HIM the most!!! 

And when HE saves you from the mess you were in, you don’t ever want to go back.   Cause if you truly allow GOD to save you from your mess, then you do NOT want to get back into it.


YOU ARE CHANGED!!!  YOU ARE TRANSFORMED!!! 

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.


And because you are a new creation in Christ Jesus, you don’t act the same.  You don’t live the same way.  You don’t hang around the same people, mostly because you have been changed and you don’t fit in with the same crowd. 


Folks ought to be able to tell that you have changed. 


Your old friends ought to be able to see that you are different, and even the folks at work ought to be able to see that you aren’t the same person you once were. 


If you act the same as you always did, then something is wrong.  Because there is no way that you can meet The Great God Almighty and NOT be changed!!!  It just can’t be done. 


When you know that JESUS loves you and that HE died so that you can be forgiven and live eternally, the whole world looks different. 


And because JESUS LOVES US, HE doesn’t condemn us or try to make us feel guilty.  HE doesn’t want us to feel ashamed or embarrassed about who we once were.  HE knows that we aren’t the person we used to be because HE HAS CHANGED OUR HEARTS!!!     


And just as the song says, it doesn’t matter how old you are, “Brand New” looks good on you. 


When people see that JESUS has changed you, they will make remarks.  They will let you know that they can see a change in you!!! 

 

Folks will admit that they can tell that you have been transformed.  They will say that they can tell that you are different.  Some will ask you what happened.


And you can tell them as this song says, GOD HAS CHANGED ME!!!  HE HAS SET ME FREE!!! 


Great God Almighty done changed me
Great God Almighty, HE done changed me
Great God Almighty done changed me
Great God Almighty, HE done changed me

No comments: