Monday, March 3, 2014

God was with David wherever he went!!!




I love to read about the saints in the Old Testament. 


And King David is my favorite!!!  I love to read about David and how God blessed him and showed him favor in ALL that he did.   


David found favor with the LORD.  God called David,
“A man after MY OWN HEART.”


Acts 13:22 (NKJV) …He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’


And God was with David wherever he went.  No matter where David went or what David did, THE LORD was there with him.  


2 Samuel 7:8-9 (NKJV)

Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people, over Israel.

And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a great name, like the name of the great men who are on the earth.



Reading about David inspires and encourages me. 
You see, I know that if God will do it for David, HE WILL IT FOR ME!!!


I want to know that GOD is with me no matter where I go and no matter what I do!!!  I want HIM to be with me ALWAYS!!!


And I know that HE WILL because I trust in HIM!!! 


Twice in the same chapter, THE WORD OF GOD tells us that THE LORD PRESERVED David wherever David went. 


2 Samuel 8:6, 14 (NKJV)

6 …So the Lord preserved David wherever he went.

14 …And the Lord preserved David wherever he went.


PRESERVED means to be watched over.    


Dictionary.com says preserve means
to keep safe from harm or injury; protect or spare.


As I was writing, these words came to me, “Well kept!!!” 


When God is watching over you, you can be assured that you will be WELL KEPT!!!


I know that just as God preserved David, HE WILL PRESERVE ME!!!  I know that GOD watches over me wherever I go. 


David was NOT ONLY called by GOD, but HE was chosen to rule over Israel by THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!  David was called and chosen to do THE LORD’S WILL!!!    


And just as
THE LORD had promised, HE established David as King over Israel.  THE LORD gave David victory over ALL his enemies, and HE gave him PEACE and REST!!!  


2 Samuel 7:1-2 (NKJV)

Now it came to pass when the king was dwelling in his house, and the Lord had given him rest from all his enemies all around, that the king said to Nathan the prophet, “See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells inside tent curtains.”


THE LORD had done so much for David and HE had blessed David so much that David wanted to honor HIM.  David wanted to build GOD a house.   


2 Samuel 7:3-7 (NKJV)

Then Nathan said to the king, “Go, do all that is in your heart, for the Lord is with you.”

But it happened that night that the word of the Lord came to Nathan, saying, “Go and tell My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Would you build a house for Me to dwell in? For I have not dwelt in a house since the time that I brought the children of Israel up from Egypt, even to this day, but have moved about in a tent and in a tabernacle. 

Wherever I have moved about with all the children of Israel, have I ever spoken a word to anyone from the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd My people Israel, saying, ‘Why have you not built Me a house of cedar?’”’


GOD saw David’s Heart and HE knew how much David loved HIM.  And because GOD loved David so much, HE made a covenant with David. 


Who would have thought that GOD would take a young shepherd boy and make him King over Israel!!! 


2 Samuel 7:8-15 (NKJV)

Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people, over Israel. And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a great name, like the name of the great men who are on the earth. 


 10 Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously, 11 since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel, and have caused you to rest from all your enemies. Also the Lord tells you that He will make you a house.

12 “When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 15 But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you.


Who would have thought that GOD would LOVE this man so much that HE would bring HIS ONLY JESUS CHRIST through Mary who was one of David descendants!!!  So, that David’s seed would indeed live forever!!!


2 Samuel 7:16-17 (NKJV)

16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.”’”

17 According to all these words and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.


And I am sure that David never thought that Paul, a disciple of Christ would one day stand up in the
synagogue and reminded the men of Israel of how GOD had chosen him to be KING over Israel.  I bet that David could NOT have imagined how God would choose to fulfill ALL HIS PROMISES to him!!!    


Acts 13:16-22 (NKJV)

16 Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen: 17 The God of this people Israel[b] chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an uplifted arm He brought them out of it. 18 Now for a time of about forty years He put up with their ways in the wilderness. 19 And when He had destroyed seven nations in the land of Canaan, He distributed their land to them by allotment.
20 “After that He gave them judges for about four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet. 21 And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years.

22 And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’

23 From this man’s seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior—Jesus



No comments: