Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cast Your Cares on the Lord



Take your cares, your troubles, and even your heartaches to the LORD!!!  He’s big enough to handle them ALL!!!!



1 Peter 5:7 (CEV) God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to Him.


1 Peter 5:7 Amplified Bible (AMP) Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.



You know, sometimes we just do NOT understand what is happening in our lives!!!  Or maybe it is in the life of our child or a close friend!!  We just don’t understand what God is doing!!!  Or why certain things are happening!!!  



That is when we have to realize that God sees the whole picture.  He sees the future!!!  He doesn’t just see today or tomorrow.  He sees what will happen in 20 or 30 years!!!  Or maybe 50 years down the road!!!!! 


He doesn’t see just who we are, but who we will become!!! 

 
Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV) 


8
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Years ago, I realized that "FATHER really does know BEST!!!"  We need to learn to trust God and to understand that He loves us and wants the best for us! 

Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)


5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.



Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)


5
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. 

6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.


You know, I would rather trust in God, and do things HIS way and know that He will make a way for me!!!  God knows where the traps in life are and where there are bumps in the road.  He knows when life will seem so hard than I just want to runaway and hide or have him stop the world so I can get off!!! 

Psalm 18:30 (AMP) As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him.


Proverbs 14:12 (AMP) There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.


He even tells us that He will make our crooked places straight!!! 


Isaiah 45:2-3 (KJV)


2
I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: 
3And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.



God knows where the truly good things in life are!!!  He knows where to find the green pastures, the clear, clean rivers, and yes, He even knows where to find the smooth roads in life!!!      
   

Psalm 23:1-6


1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.   

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I agree. He really does care for all of us. My favorite scripture is in Jeremiah 29:11 God has good plans for us. Plans of good and not evil.