Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jesus is the Answer

Monday, Aug. 22, 2011 (Sorry, but I posted after midnight.)


Today as I was thinking about what to post, I could hear this song in my head!!!  Jesus Is The Answer for the World Today…

Jesus Is The Answer
(Here are the some of the words to this song!!!)

Chorus:
Jesus is the Answer for the World Today
Above Him there's no other, Jesus is the way
Jesus is the Answer for the World Today
Above Him there's no other, Jesus is the way

Last Verse:
He's the truth and the light (Jesus is the way)
No one comes to the Father (Jesus is the way)
Except by the Son (Jesus is the way)
That's all because Jesus is the way!

I am not sure how many times I have heard this song, but I had no idea that the last 4 verses were scripture, let alone that they were some of the very same scriptures that I have been studying!!!


Here’s what happened that lead me to this study!!!  

The other day, one of my prayer partners and I prayed for a dear friend of mine to be saved, and set free!  As a true and wise woman of God, my friend prayed that the truth be shown to this person.  She prayed that God would open up this person’s eyes, so that he/she would see the truth!!!   

After we prayed my friend explained to me why she had prayed for the truth to be shown to this person.  She shared with me how she had come to know Jesus as her Lord and Savior!!  She told me that God had opened up her eyes and had shown her the truth, so that she could accept Christ as her savior.   

After she shared her awesome experience with me, I kept hearing these words!!!  “The Truth shall be revealed!”

I didn’t hear these words just once, but over and over again!!  Even as I lay down to rest, I would hear in my heart, “The TRUTH shall be revealed!!!” 

Finally, The Lord said to me, “You can’t make others see the truth, but you can pray that it be revealed to them!!!” 


As I sought the Lord about this, He brought these words to my mind: 
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I have heard this scripture many, many times, but I had to look it up!!!  And when I did, I found this familiar scripture. 
John 14:6 (KJV) 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

So, when the Lord said to me that the Truth would be revealed, He was referring to the fact that His Son, Jesus Christ, will be revealed to all the earth and all those in the earth!!!


We have a choice!!!  We can choose to accept Jesus and to get to know Him!!!  We can find out how much He loves us!!! 


Here are Jesus’ words to his followers. 
John 8:31-32 (KJV) 31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.


Both the Contempory English Version (CEV) and the Common English Bible (CEB) say,
32You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."  


The last part of that verse just rings in my soul!!!  “And the truth shall set you free!!!” 



We can choose to be free!!!  If we ask Him, Jesus will free us from anything that tries to hold on to us: drugs, alcohol, sex, sickness and disease, and anything else that is trying to take over our lives!!!  He will help us deal with other people and He will show us how to stand up for ourselves in the right way!!!  He will help us to deal with our own emotions (anger, depression, and fear.) 

There is nothing that you can think of that is too big for
Jesus to handle!!!

You see, whether we like it of not, the Bible says that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord!!!  Phil. 2:9-11  (KJV) 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;  11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And HE is NOT just talking about every earthly knee (meaning us.)  He is also talking about every devil in Hell!!! 

Don’t make the mistake of thinking that the devil isn’t real!!!  He is very real and he wants to trick us into thinking that we don’t need Jesus!!!  The devil wants us to think that we can do things by ourselves!!!  That we don’t need anyone!!!  And yet, he knows, there are only 2 paths to choose: good or evil!!! 


It’s your choice today!!   Will you choose good or evil?  Will you choose eternal life or eternal damnation?    

Will you let Jesus make all your crooked places straight??? 

Will you choose our Father in Heaven that knows how many hairs you have on your head?  Will you choose The God that knew you before you were formed in your Mama’s womb?  The God that knew you before you were a twinkle in your Papa’s eye???     

 

No comments: