Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Do You Ever Get...

Do you ever get upset, frustrated, scared, worried, stressed out, or just plain mad???

Well, quite frankly, if you NEVER feel one of these ways, then either someone has been putting happy drops in your tea, or …..    Hmmm…….  You could be telling a big fat ….. 

It is one thing to feel that way some of the time, and it is another thing to KEEP feeling that way!!! 

I can already hear someone saying, “Do you mean to tell me that you don’t always feel peaceful, Kathy???”  And if I said, that my life was always perfect and I always had perfect peace, then I would be a liar!!!! 

You know, there are even shirts that say, “STUFF HAPPENS!!!”  And we’ve all heard, “Someone must have peed in his Post Toasties!!!” or “She must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed!!!”  Or, what about, “Did it rain on your parade??? 

Well, sometimes, I just want to holler at the top of my lungs, “YES!!!!  IT DID!!!” 

Of course, then everyone, but the devil would be running and hiding!!!  And, he’d be standing there, laughing at me!!! 

Sometimes, it’s a battle to be “UP!” or Stay Happy!!! or Be peaceful, all the time!!!  BUT, IT IS A BATTLE THAT WE CAN WIN!!!  To be truthful, I have to fight this battle more often than I would like to admit!!!  That’s what the Word means when it says, the violent take it by force!!!      


When I feel sad or discouraged or something is bothering me, the Lord always reminds me of these words: 
Let not your heart be troubled…


John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


The Amplified Bible really breaks it down!!!  John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.] 


2 Timothy 1:7 (AMP) For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.

Truthfully, the Lord doesn’t want us to be upset!!!  When we are upset, we do unwise things, and we make unwise choices!!!  And sometimes, we let our mouths overload our butts!!!  Of course, I am sure that I am the only that has ever done that!!!  

So, what should I do, when bad things happen to me, or my friend doesn’t treat me right, or everything doesn’t go my way???  Or as Joyce Meyer says, “My neighbor’s dog keeps pooping on my lawn!!!” 

Well, first I say, “God, you are gonna have to help me!!!  Then I “zip my lip” until I can pray and I begin to feel His Peace flood my soul!!! 

God often reminds me of these 3 scriptures:  Philippians 4:7 (KJV) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 


John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I keep these 3 scriptures in my cell phone, so I can find them when I need them.  ("The Word of God is medicine to my soul."  -  Apply when needed!!!)   

God also reminds me, that I can have whatsoever I ask in Jesus’ name and that if I confess with my mouth and do not doubt in my heart, I shall have whatsoever I say!!!  John 14:13-14 & Mk. 11:23-24     

The Lord has always spoken this scripture to me when I could not understand what was happening!!!  It has always brought such peace to my soul to knowing that God is in control.  Romans 8:28 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. 

Here are some more scriptures that God gave me as I was writing, today!!! 

John 16:33 (KJV) These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 

Romans 8:37 (KJV) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.  (Click here to read this same verse in the Amplified Bible.)

When I read that verse, I think of being the person that gets to spend all the riches that have been won in war.  My beloved has gone into battle, has won the war, and brought home all gold, jewels of all sorts, and other riches that he has taken from the enemy!!!  

So, I know that I am more than a conqueror because I read the back of the book and we win!!!  We will rule and reign with Christ Jesus!!! 

Well, now I am all cheered up!!!  I am ready to go kick the devil’s butt!!!  I must admit, when I get to talking about my God and reading His Word, I get all excited!!!  



No comments: