Sunday, August 28, 2011

I stopped worrying about it!!!


If you are worrying, then you aren’t standing on the WORD of GOD.  And I can tell you that from personal experience!!! 

For several years now, from time to time, one of both of my ears would start to get sore.  Now, I don’t have much wax in my ears, so every morning I put alcohol in my ears to dry up the water that is left in them from showering and washing my hair. 

But every once in a while one of them would try to start getting sore.  


So, I would do something a woman of God had told me years ago.  I would heat up maybe ¼ of a tsp of sweet oil and put it in which ever ear was hurting. 
Then I would wear cotton in my ear to keep the wind out.  And I would go on and forget about it.

I have been doing this for years!!! 

Earlier this summer, when I was doing a lot of swimming, my ears began to hurt off and on.  I say ears because sometimes the pain would shift from one side to another.  Now just about anyone would say that sounds strange.  

Finally, I got the one ear to stop hurting and being sore, but I couldn’t seem to get the other ear to stop hurting.  It would stop for a while and then start up again!!!

Mind you, all this time, I was going to the track and walking and listening to the Word of God.  Some of these messages were about healing.  I would listen and stand on the Word.  And that ear would stop hurting and then kind of sneaky-like, in a few days or maybe a week, it would start again.   
   
And I really couldn’t figure out why it would do that.  All I could figure out was that it was the devil.  You see it had to be him because there is good and there is evil.  I think we can all agree that an ear ache is NOT good!!! 

And we know that all good things come from God.  James 1:17

So, here I was with an ear that sometimes ached just a little or was sore, and then sometimes it would just ring.  It would not really hurt on those days; it would just ring.  I kept speaking the Word over it and doing a little doctoring on it.  And then one day when I was in a hurry, I forgot to heat-up the sweet oil.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  

After just a few minutes, I knew something was wrong.  I couldn’t hear.  So, now, I have this ear full of sweet oil and that is exactly what it felt like!!!  It felt like I had stuffed something down in my ear and it wouldn’t come out!!!  AND…  I COULDN’T HEAR!!! 

So, a week went by while I was praying over it and standing on the Word of GOD!!!  And my ear would clear up for just a little while and then I would realize that it was feeling full again and I couldn’t hear.    

So, then I got to worrying and I told God, “This is serious, God, I can’t hear!!!  You have got to do something!!!”  "I have prayed and I am standing on Your Word!!!  Why can’t I hear?  I am healed, but I can’t hear!  Why can’t I hear, God???" 

Then while a friend of mine and I were praying, God said to tell her to pray for my ear.  So, she did.  Then she said, “Oh! My!”  God had showed her a little tiny angel going down into my ear and taking something out!  She said it was black and it was a spirit, but it looked like a bug! 

I felt so good after she prayed for me, but I didn’t dare tell her that I still couldn’t hear.  I had expected for my ear to be totally healed after she prayed!!!  So, when I still couldn't hear, I got scared!!! 

Then of course the devil started to tell me that I had a bug down in my ear.  So, at first, that really freaked me out, but then I remembered that the devil is a liar.  John 8:44

So, here is what I would do:  I would go to the track at least 4 to 5 times a week, and I would pray and walk and listen to God’s WORD!!!  And as I walked, I would pray and confess these scriptures. 


I am standing on Is. 53:5 which says, …by His stripes I am healed, devil.  I have prayed the prayer of faith and I am standing on Mk. 11:23-24 which says, …That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 

Then I would say, I bind you satan because God’s Word in Mt. 18:18, says whatever I bind on this earth shall be bound in Heaven and whatever I loose on this earth shall be loosed in Heaven.  And, Lord I believe that my ear is healed. 

Lord, the devil is trying to steal my hearing, and I have to be able to hear to preach the gospel.  I stand on Your Word, Lord which says in John 14:13-14, if I ask anything of the Father in Jesus’ Name, it shall be done!!!  I am saying that my ear is healed and I know it is done!!! 

And every morning when I woke up, I would check my ear, and when I couldn't hear, I would wonder if this was the day that my ear would be healed. 

So, finally, I began to cry out to God and say, "I just don’t understand God, why my ear still feels full.  I don’t understand why I can’t hear; I know that my ear is healed!  I just don’t understand this, Lord!!!" 


Then I finally got my answer!!!  You see, I knew that I had to be doing something wrong because I knew THE WORD worked!!!  I had stood on it so many times before in order to get my healing. 

As I was going to the track one day, God spoke to me.  He asked me what I usually did when the devil tried to make me have an upset stomach?  And as I thought about it the light came on!!!  


I said, “Well, Lord, I say, devil, you are a liar!!!  I refuse to be sick in Jesus’ Name" and I go on!  I don’t worry about it because I know that I am healed, and I don’t have time to be sick!”


And the Lord said, “Why don’t your do that with your ear and quit worrying about it!” 

I mean to tell you that all the bells and whistles started going off (in my mind) like what you see in the movies when someone is playing a slots machine and wins!!!! 

I don’t know how you feel when God reveals something good to you, but I was so excited!!!  I remember thinking, “I’ve got you now, you old devil, you!!!  I am gonna stomp you now!!!”


So, I would walk, and listen to my preaching messages and when the devil would say, “You still can’t hear.”  I would say, “Shut up, devil.  You are a liar!  I am healed in the Name of Jesus!!!”  And I refused to worry about it!!!  I just knew that I was healed!!! 

AND I STOPPED CHECKING MY EAR EVERY DAY TO SEE IF I COULD HEAR!!! 


Once I stopped worrying about my ear, and how soon I would be able to hear out of it again, “I got my healing!!!!”  I can’t even tell you when it happened!!!  Because I had truly stopped worrying about it!  I had decided to believe God’s Word and know that I was healed!!! 

After I realized one day that I could actually hear out of that ear, I told my friend.  She was so thrilled for me!!!

That doesn’t mean that I will never again have to fight for my healing!!! 
Anyone who preaches the Word will tell you that they preach what they have had to walk through. 

And then sometimes because they have preached the Word, they have to go through tests and trials to see if they can stand on the WORD!!! 

I am still a work in progress and I am still learning!!!  

BUT BY HIS STRIPES, I AM HEALED!!!  


No comments: