Monday, May 9, 2016

Strong Enough




God holds my hand each and every day!!!  No matter what is going on or what is happening, HE IS WITH ME!!! 



No matter how hard the task is or how difficult a situation may seem, I know that GOD is there with me!!!  HE leads, guides, and directs me!!!  HE soothes my fears!!! 



Deuteronomy 31:6 (NKJV) Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”



This is what Moses told the children of Israel after they came out of the wilderness.  They had battles to fight and win so that they could take the land that was rightfully theirs!!! 



Deuteronomy 31:8 (NKJV) And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”



This is the same thing that GOD, HIMSELF, is telling us!!!  We have tasks to do and assignments to finish.  But never once did GOD say we had to do these things by ourselves!!!  Never once did HE say that we had to do them alone!!!  HE IS WITH US!!!




Philippians 4:13 (ESV) I can do all things through him who strengthens me.



Matthew West has written this beautiful song, “Strong Enough.”  You’ll notice that he has included Phil. 4.13 several times in this song.  His video is linked to the title below.   



"Strong Enough"

You must
You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through

Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own

I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough

Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us

Well, maybe
Maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up

Cause when I'm finally
Finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up
And reaching out

I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough


Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough

Cause I'm broken
Down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God
And you are strong
When I am weak

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough

Oh, yeah

I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough


Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
Strong enough

No comments: