Friday, December 23, 2011

Take Heed!!!!


Whether it is a thought that comes to you or just a nudge to do something or go a certain place, “Take heed!” 



God said to me “Take heed to what you hear!”



How many times have you heard someone say, I was at the right place at just the right time!!! 



I believe that it would be more accurate to say, “It must have been God, because I was at the right place at the right time!!!” 



Many folks do give the glory and honor to God for the favor that HE has given them.
  And for the thoughts and nudges that HE gives them!!! 




So, when that thought comes to you to take extra clothes or get a candle to take with you, don’t try to reason why, or shrug it off!!!  JUST DO IT!!!   


Let me ask you this.  What’s it going to hurt to do something when it just might be God trying to nudge you?  Something that may NOT seem to make sense at the time!!!    


Maybe I should ask this.  What if you refuse to hear God or allow Him to speak to you or nudge you in the right direction???  What are you missing out on??? 

 

 

TAKE HEED TO WHAT YOU HEAR!!!!

 

Mark 4:23 (AMP) If any man has ears to hear, let him be listening and let him perceive and comprehend.



One time many years ago, I was getting a dress to take with me to wear for Meet The Teacher Night at school and the thought struck me to take another dress as well.
  Well, I thought, “Now why would I need 2 dresses?”  So, I did NOT take the second dress with me. 


Later that evening, when I went to change my clothes, I found that the brand new dress that I had intended to wear had shrunk when I washed it and I could NOT wear it.  If I had listened to God, I would have simply been able to set the first dress aside and put on the second dress. 


Since I lived almost 40 miles away, there was no time to go home for the second dress.  I blew it, by NOT listening to God, (even when it seemed to be only a thought!!!) 


Now, let me ask you this.  What if I had taken both dresses???  Well, of course, I would NOT have had a problem.  The point is that even if both dresses had fit, it would NOT have hurt to take 2 dresses. 





A year or two ago, as I got ready to go to Houston, the Lord told me to put my candle and candle warmer in my bag to take with me.  So, I did.


When I got to my room in the hotel that day, I immediately noticed an odor.  It was faint, and I cannot remember exactly what it was, but the room just smelled funny!!! 

If I had complained, the staff would probably have thought that I was nuts.  I am NOT sure if they would have been able to smell it, because it was a faint smell.  However, I would have been miserable all weekend because I have a very, very sensitive nose and that smell would have continued to bother me.    


That’s when I knew why God had told me to bring my candle and warmer!!!!  Not too long after I plugged it up, the room began to smell great!!!  And before long, ALL I could smell was my candle!!! 




ONCE AGAIN, GOD HAD SAVED THE DAY!!!!  Things like this happen to me ALL the time!!!  God always knows what is going to happen before it happens!!! 




GOD SEES ALL THINGS AND HE KNOWS ALL THINGS!!!  I know that I keep saying that GOD HAS ALL THE ANSWERS, but that is because HE DOES!!!



I wonder if we realize that God knows the questions that we are going to ask before we even know that we are going to ask them!!!  I wonder if we truly realize how many times God makes a way for us!!!




GOD leads and guides us through HIS SPIRIT; THE HOLY SPIRIT.

 

John 14:26 (KJV) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.



When Jesus was getting ready to go to the cross, HE told the disciples that The Father, God would send HIS SPIRIT to be with them.  That promise is still good today!!!

 

John 14: 16 (AMP)  …I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever--

 



When we take time out for GOD, HE WILL MAKE TIME FOR US!!!  AND HE WILL MAKE OUR CROOKED PLACES STRAIGHT!!!  Is. 45:2 



If we will just take time to get with GOD when something happens, HE will tell us what to do, and when we do what He tells or shows us, everything will work out just fine!!! 



GOD wants so much to help us, but if we continually shrug off what HE is trying to show us or refuse to listen to what HE is telling us, then HE WILL STOP TRYING TO HELP US!!! 



In HIS WORD, He tells us that HIS SPIRIT will NOT strive with man always!!!  Gen. 6.3



        

This is the same SPIRIT that moved on the waters.  Gen. 1:2 (KJV) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.




This is the same Spirit that was spoken of by the angel, Gabriel when he spoke to Mary. 


Luke 1:30-35 (NKJV)   30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.

31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.

32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.

33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”

35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.



Mary took heed to what was spoken to her by the angel. 


Luke 1:38 (KJV) And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.


THE BIRTH OF THE MESSIAH IS PROPHESIED!!!

Matthew 1:18-24 (NKJV)

   
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.


19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly.


20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.


21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.”


22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:


23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

24
Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife,


25
and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.




What if Mary and Joseph had not taken heed to the angel that God sent to them?  What if they had refused to listen to GOD? 



Would Our Precious Lord have been born???  No one else could have saved us!!! 


No comments: