Saturday, April 14, 2012

Remind Me Who I Am



I, NOT ONLY think, but I know that at one time or another each and every one of us has had to be reminded of WHO WE ARE!!!   Who we are in Christ Jesus because we have forgotten that WE ARE GOD’S KIDS!!!

 

 

We have to be reminded to hold our heads up high!!!  To lift up our chins, square our jaws and keep on moving forward!!!  FOR OURSELVES AND FOR GOD!!!

 

 

The devil wants us to feel so bad about even the tiniest of mistakes that we make.  He wants us to feel guilty!!!  He wants us to feel depressed and ashamed when we fall!!! 





But God is there holding out HIS HAND, ready to help us up!!!  God does NOT want us to feel guilty!!!  God does NOT want us to feel depressed and ashamed when we fall!!! 

 

 

And, NO!!!  I AM NOT SAYING that we are not supposed to feel sad or sorry that we made a mistake!!!  WE DO NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE SINNED OR MADE A MISTAKE!!!  And yes, WE DO NEED TO BE GODLY SORRY!!!

 

 


But we need to QUIT WALLOWING IN SELF-PITY!!!  AND GUILT!!!  AND SHAME!!!  We can’t help anyone else when we are wallowing in self-pity, guilt or shame!!!! 




God wants us to learn to GET UP AND DUST OURSELVES OFF!!!  HE WANTS US TO LEARN TO REPENT QUICKLY AND GO ON!!!




And that means that sometimes God has to remind us of who we are!!!  Sometimes, HE has to remind each one of us that we are HIS CHILD!!!  That HE IS OUR FATHER!!!  AND that WE ARE THE ONE HE LOVES!!!

 



Remind Me Who I Am

           Artist: Jason Gray



Verse 1:
When I lose My way,
And I forget my name.
Remind me who I am.

In the mirror all I see,
Is who I don't wanna be.
Remind me who I am.

In the loneliest places,
When I can't remember what grace is.

Chorus:
Tell me, once again
Who I am to You,
Who I am to You.

Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to You,
That I belong to You, To You.


Verse 2:
When my heart is like a stone,
And I'm running far from home.
Remind me who I am.

When I can't receive Your love,
Afraid I'll never be enough.
Remind me who I am.


If I'm Your beloved,
Can You help me believe it.


Chorus:
Tell me once again
Who I am to You,
Who I am to You.

Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to You,
That I belong to You, To You.

Bridge:

I'm the one You love,
I'm the one You love,
That will be enough,
I'm the one You love.

Chorus:
Tell me once again
Who I am to You,
Who I am to You.

Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to You,
That I belong to You.


Tell me once again
Who I am to You,
Who I am to You.

Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to You,
That I belong to You, To You.

To You.

No comments: