Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SOWING YOUR SEED!!!



I kept hearing ALL these folks talking about getting out of debt and I wanted to be out of debt free, but I really didn’t know what to do to be debt free!!!
 





You know, I knew how to give, but
I didn’t know about SOWING A SEED!!!  I had never been taught about sowing A FINANCIAL SEED!!!  I had been taught to tithe, and so I always had money, but I was always in debt!!!





So, I decided that I would get out of debt!!!  And finally I began to seek the Lord and ask HIM to get me out of debt!!  I really had no idea that I could sow my way out of debt!!!






Then Kenneth Copeland preached one evening about sowing a seed and giving your seed an assignment!!!
  Now being a school teacher, I totally understood the part about assignments!!!  But I still did not know what my seed was or how I was to know what to sow!!! 





In that same message Kenneth Copeland said, GOD WILL GIVE YOU A SEED TO SOW!!!  Then he said, “Don’t Eat Your Seed!!!”  I remember thinking, HOW DO I KNOW WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO BE SOWING AND HOW DO I MAKE SURE THAT I DON’T EAT MY SEED???



2 Corinthians 9:10-11 (CEB)


 10 The one who supplies seed for planting and bread for eating will supply and multiply your seed and will increase your crop, which is righteousness.

 11 You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous in every way. Such generosity produces thanksgiving to God through us.





Well, I told the Lord that
I DIDN’T WANT TO EAT MY SEED, BUT THAT I DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO NOT EAT MY SEED!!!!  You see, I really didn’t understand what ALL that even meant!!!  ALL I knew was that I NEEDED SEED TO SOW, TO GET ME OUT OF DEBT!!!  And I knew that if Kenneth Copeland said that GOD would give me seed, THEN GOD WOULD GIVE ME SEED!!!  





So, I prayed and talked to GOD about ALL this and GOD gave me seed to sow!!!
  Then I did just like Kenneth Copeland said, I ASSIGNED THAT SEED THE TASK OF GETTING ME OUT OF DEBT!!!  And I began to sow it!!!   




I had to pray over ALL this and I had to ask GOD where to sow my seed.
  YOU SEE NOT JUST ANY GROUND IS OKAY!!!  YOU MUST SOW INTO FERTILE GROUND!!!  And YOU MUST SOW YOUR SEED WHERE GOD SAYS TO SOW IT!!!




When I asked GOD where to sow my seed
HE TOLD ME TO SOW INTO KENNETH COPELAND MINISTRIES BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD, FERTILE GROUND!!





DOES IT WORK???
  It most certainly does!!!  I have less income now than I had when I started sowing my seed and I am in better financial shape now than I was then!!!  And I am almost DEBT FREE!!!




GOD HAD TO TEACH ME HOW TO SOW MY WAY OUT OF DEBT!!!
  I am still sowing and learning, but now I know what to do!!!  If my money gets tight or the bills seem to get big, I sow!!! 




Yes, I am saying that when I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY, I give God more money!!! 






A few Sundays ago, I heard John Hagee explain what your seed is!!!
  This is what he said, “WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO MEET YOUR NEED, THEN THAT IS YOUR SEED!!!” 





And I am going to tell you that
WHEN YOU SOW THE SEED GOD GIVES YOU, GOD WILL GIVE YOU THE INCREASE AND HE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU!!!  HE WILL MEET YOUR NEED!!!




NOW, I KNOW THAT IN THE NATURAL WORLD ALL THIS JUST DOESN’T MAKE SENSE!!!  TO GIVE AWAY THE LITTLE THAT YOU HAVE MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!!! 





But that is exactly what the prophet told the widow woman to do. 



1 Kings 17:1, 8-15 (NKJV)



1 And Elijah the Tishbite, of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word.”


Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying,

“Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. See, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.”

10 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, indeed a widow was there gathering sticks. And he called to her and said, “Please bring me a little water in a cup, that I may drink.”

11 And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.”
12 So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.”
13 And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son.

14 For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’”
15 So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days.




That is what the little boy with the 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread did!!!
 He gave what he had to the disciples.  JESUS BLESSED AND MULTIPLIED WHAT THE LITTLE BOY HAD GIVEN!!!  And sent more home with him than anyone could have imagined!!! 



John 6:1-13 (NKJV)


1 After these things Jesus went over the Sea of Galilee, which is the Sea of Tiberias.

Then a great multitude followed Him, because they saw His signs which He performed on those who were diseased.

And Jesus went up on the mountain, and there He sat with His disciples.
Now the Passover, a feast of the Jews, was near.

Then Jesus lifted up His eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?”

But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do.

Philip answered Him, “Two hundred denarii worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may have a little.”

One of His disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, said to Him,

“There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two small fish, but what are they among so many?”

10 Then Jesus said, “Make the people sit down.” Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.

11 And Jesus took the loaves, and when He had given thanks He distributed them to the disciples, and the disciples to those sitting down; and likewise of the fish, as much as they wanted.

12 So when they were filled, He said to His disciples, “Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost.”

13 Therefore they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves which were left over by those who had eaten.




Luke 9:10-17 (CEV)

10The apostles came back and told Jesus everything they had done. He then took them with him to the village of Bethsaida, where they could be alone.

11But a lot of people found out about this and followed him. Jesus welcomed them. He spoke to them about God's kingdom and healed everyone who was sick.

12Late in the afternoon the twelve apostles came to Jesus and said, "Send the crowd to the villages and farms around here. They need to find a place to stay and something to eat. There is nothing in this place. It is like a desert!"

13Jesus answered, "You give them something to eat."
But they replied, "We have only five small loaves of bread and two fish. If we are going to feed all these people, we will have to go and buy food."

14There were about five thousand men in the crowd. Jesus said to his disciples, "Have the people sit in groups of fifty."

15They did this, and all the people sat down.

16Jesus took the five loaves and the two fish. He looked up toward heaven and blessed the food. Then he broke the bread and fish and handed them to his disciples to give to the people.

17Everyone ate all they wanted. What was left over filled twelve baskets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting...I've heard about sowing seed, but never really done it consistently, never really named it...I am so tired of living paycheck to paycheck. So tired of moving money around on my excel spreadsheet so I can afford to get something to eat for my children or squeeze in a pair of sneaks or new clothes for them. So frustrating. I pay my tithes, in obedience, but I'm still finding that I need more money. Sometimes it so tempting not to pay tithes because that extra money could be food or clothing for them. I am so done with it all. If I really believe God's word then I need to believe HIS word. That He will provide for me and that He has no respector of persons. If He did it for you then he can surely do it for me. Your post was encouraging because now I know what I need to do. God has been dealing with me about it lately...and now I know...if it's not enough to meet my need, then that is when I sow my seed!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I was made redundant/laid off 4 months ago and began tithing for the first time. I have been on welfare,had to move house and feed 2 children and my income dropped by $150 per week. But PRAISE GOD, we have actually ended up having more money since I started tithing. Money appeared from nowhere, my supermarket shopping stretches and we are not struggling as we used to. Thank You Lord.I remembered Kenneth Copeland saying to tithe so I thought I had nothing to lose.!!Praise God he stops the devourer indeed!!