Saturday, April 7, 2012

Do You Have the Gift of Gab?? Or is it really a curse???



Do you like to talk?  Do you talk too much?  Do people laugh and say that you have the gift of Gab? 




Do you ever say too much before you think about it???
  Or are you very careful in what you say?




Do you tell ALL your business?
  Do you sometimes wish that you hadn’t opened your mouth? 




I used to talk so much and I never really knew why!!!  I just knew that I loved to talk!!!!





But most of the time, I somehow always ended up saying too much or putting my foot in my mouth!!!  Sometimes I would think, I don’t know why I always talk so much!!!  But I just could seem to help it!!! 




I just loved to talk, but sometimes I wished I hadn’t opened my mouth!!!





That is when God began to deal with me!!!
  He told me that there was a spirit called A TALKATIVE SPIRIT and that it drove folks to talk and tell ALL their business.





And then GOD told me that I could take authority over that spirit!!!  I could be the one in control of what I said to others, not that spirit!!!   





The LORD told me that it was okay for me to talk and it was okay for me to love to talk, but it wasn’t okay for that spirit “
to drive me to run my head; to just run off at the mouth without any thought of what I should say or of what I was telling!!!” 




GOD told me that it was NOT okay for me to tell everyone my business. And HE told me that there are just something that folks don’t need to know!!!





GOD told me to BIND THAT TALKATIVE SPIRIT according to HIS WORD. 



Matthew 18:18 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

 

 


AND THAT IS WHEN I FINALLY GOT SOME RELIEF!!!  You know, sometimes you don’t know that you need relief until you get it!!!  It is so nice to sit in peace and quiet and NOT say a word!!!




Do you have a talkative spirit???  Do you need some relief??? 




Can you just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet around you??? 




Or do you have to talk to everyone you see, whether they want to talk to you or NOT???





HERE IS A TEST!!! 




Can you sit at a table full of people and let ALL of them talk without saying a word???  Do you have to give everyone your opinion?  Do you have to enter in to each conversation?  Do you have to say something about each discussion???

 

 


IF IT ABSOLUTELY DRIVES YOU BATTY TO SIT AND LISTEN TO OTHERS TALK AND NOT SAY ANYTHING, THEN YOU NEED TO HAVE A LITTLE TALK WITH GOD!!! 

 

 

You know, now when I get around someone who just won’t shut up, it really bothers me!!!  And I can ONLY imagine how miserable I must have made other people with my incessant talking!!! 

 

 

And so, if you are reading this and you know me well, I apologize to you for ALL those times when I just couldn’t control my mouth!!!  I ask you to forgive me, and I want you to know that I am learning and I am getting better!!!

 

 


I am certainly NOT perfect, but I am striving to be a better me!!!





And for all of those that talk too much, if you ask God to help you!!!  HE WILL!!!

 



Matthew 7:7 (KJV) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

No comments: