Thursday, April 5, 2012

How Do I NOT EAT MY SEED????



For years I paid my tithes and offerings like I was supposed to and every month without fail, God made sure that I had the money to pay ALL my bills!!!  AND I always had money!!!  People, even preachers, would ask me why I always had money. 




Folks, even now will say, You always have money!!! 




Sometimes that irritates me so much I want to scream!!!  Sometimes I want to say, I have money because I pay my tithes and offerings, don’t you??? 





But I was in debt!!!!!  I spent what I wanted to spend and I kept my credit cards charged up.  I knew exactly how to borrow money if I needed it, but that of course, only got me deeper in debt!!! 





Finally, one day I decided that I wanted to be debt free!!!  I wanted to get every loan and every credit card paid off!!!  I wanted to actually be able to do something with the little money that I had!!! 




That is when I began to ask God to help me get out of debt.  Quite frankly, I had no idea what God was going to do or how HE was going to do it!!!    





As I have told you, after I began to ask God to help me, I heard Kenneth Copeland preach a message.  First he said, “GOD WILL GIVE YOU A SEED TO SOW!!!”  Then he said, “Don’t Eat Your Seed!!!” 




I remember thinking, HOW DO I KNOW WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO SOW AND HOW DO I MAKE SURE THAT I DON’T EAT MY SEED???




Not ONLY did I not know how I was going to know what my seed was when God gave it to me, but I DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO MAKE SURE THAT I DIDN’T EAT MY SEED ONCE I GOT IT!!!! 




I really didn’t understand any of this!!






I knew was that YOU REAPED WHAT YOU SOWED!!!  And I knew that God loves a cheerful giver and I knew that if you gave to God, HE would always give it back to you!!! 



2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (CEB)

6 What I mean is this: the one who sows a small number of seeds will also reap a small crop, and the one who sows a generous amount of seeds will also reap a generous crop.

 7 Everyone should give whatever they have decided in their heart. They shouldn’t give with hesitation or because of pressure. God loves a cheerful giver.




Luke 6:38 (KJV) Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.





I know NOW that if you ask God for SEED to sow, He will give it to you!!! 



2 Corinthians 9:10 (NKJV) Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,





And as I think back now, I should have known that God gives SEED to the sower, because any time I wanted to give to a ministry and didn’t have the money, God always made a way for me!!!!




Until I asked God for SEED to sow (to get me out of debt) and actually began to sow that seed in good ground, I really didn’t understand the law of seed time and harvest!!! 




I keep hearing the words that John Hagee spoke the other day!!!  He said “WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO MEET YOUR NEED, THEN THAT IS YOUR SEED!!!” 




That makes so much sense!!!  And still folks will EAT THEIR SEED!!! 





So, WHAT IS EATING YOUR SEED??? 




IF YOU USE THE SEED THAT GOD GIVES YOU IN ANY OTHER WAY OR SPEND IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE, THEN YOU HAVE EATEN YOUR SEED!!!








It is very simple, but sometimes folks are so broke and they are so desperate that THEY EAT THEIR SEED!!!





As I write this, I finally understand how a person can eat their seed!!! 




I can see that if you don’t understand the law of seed time and harvest, it wouldn’t make sense to give ALL that you have to GOD!!! 




There are many of God’s children who don’t pay their tithes because they truly do NOT understand that GOD’S WORD IS HIS BOND!!!




And they truly have no idea why they aren’t blessed, but God’s Word tells us plainly what is happening to them and why!!!! 



If you don’t pay your tithe and offering, God says, YOU ARE A THIEF!!!  AND YOU ARE CURSED!!!



Malachi 3:8-9 (KJV)


 8Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

 9Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.





God can’t change HIS WORD to suit you!!!  He abides by it and we have to abide by it!!!  That is why it is so important that we know HIS WORD!!




If we ONLY truly understood how much GOD WANTS TO BLESS US!!!




That why it says in God’s WORD,
PROVE ME NOW!!!  




Malachi 3:10-12 (KJV)


 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.


No comments: