Tuesday, April 10, 2012

If You Preach It, You Got to Live It!!!!



If you preach God’s WORD, you better be prepared to live it and walk it!!!
  When you tell others how to live, God is going to expect you to live the same way!!! 




GOD’S WORD IS ALMOST ALWAYS GIVEN TO THE PREACHER FIRST!!!



By that I mean, that the preacher has to first learn it (and most of the time experience it), then HE or SHE can give it out!!!! 




That is why most of the time, I preach from experience!!!
  I can’t preach something to you that I don’t know-something that I haven’t experienced!!!




And many times if I preach it, even when I have already experienced it, I get to WALK IN IT AGAIN!!!





Take the other day for example!!!
  I preached about SOWING A SEED!!!  And that next week, when I got my check, I had been shorted!!!  And you know how it is.  No one is in a hurry to make things right!!! 




I didn’t even have enough money to pay bills!!!
 




So, after I paid my tithes and offerings, I had very little left over!!!  I looked at what was left and I knew that I couldn’t even really pay the one bill that I needed to pay with it!!!





That’s when I heard John Hagee’s voice saying, WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE ENOUGH TO MEET YOUR NEED, THEN THAT IS YOUR SEED!!!





So, I sowed that SEED in faith!!!  And I waited for a harvest!!! 





Did I receive a harvest?????
 





I sure did!!!
  Really!!!  I most certainly did!!!  Little by little from one place and then another!!! 





I ended up with quite a bit more than I had been shorted!! 





When God does something, HE DOES IT BIG!!!  He doesn’t just “kinda, sorta half-way make a way!!!”  MY GOD GOES WHOLE HOG!!! 




The scripture that I stand on and live by is Phil 4:19!!!  In the 4th chapter of Philippians, it lets us know that if we support God’s people, God will meet our needs!!!



Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.



Here is what Paul tells the Philippians about their giving!!



Philippians 4:14-20 (NCV)

 14 But it was good that you helped me when I needed it.

15 You Philippians remember when I first preached the Good News there. When I left Macedonia, you were the only church that gave me help.

16 Several times you sent me things I needed when I was in Thessalonica.

17 Really, it is not that I want to receive gifts from you, but I want you to have the good that comes from giving.

18 And now I have everything, and more. I have all I need, because Epaphroditus brought your gift to me. It is like a sweet-smelling sacrifice offered to God, who accepts that sacrifice and is pleased with it.

19 My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need.

20 Glory to our God and Father forever and ever! Amen.

 






       




 

No comments: