Thursday, May 3, 2012

Psalm 139:5-6



As I continued to read Psalm 139, I was amazed at how good God is!!!  But why should I be amazed when I know so well
HOW GOOD HE HAS BEEN TO ME???  HOW MERCIFUL HE IS!!!




Psalm 139:5 (NKJV) You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.



As I first read verse 5 in the NKJV, I looked at the reference and I saw that it said, “enclosed.”  And I realized that God surrounds us with HIS LOVE AND MERCY!!!  HE HAS ENCLOSED OR SURROUNDED US WITH HIS HEDGE OF PROTECTION!!! 



When GOD HAS HIS HAND ON US, NO ONE CAN HARM US!!!


Today, some folks would say,
“God has my back!!!”  And indeed HE DOES!!!




Psalm 139:5 (CEV) and with your powerful arm you protect me from every side.




And as I read this same verse in the CEV, it ONLY confirmed what I already thought.  However, I like the image of God’s powerful arm wrapped around me.  I can just see HIM saying, “Back off devil, this is MY CHILD!!!”  




Psalm 139:6 (NKJV) Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.




Psalm 139:6 (CEV) I can’t understand all of this! Such wonderful knowledge is far above me.




As I read verse 6, this scripture kept coming to my mind!!!



Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)

 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

 

No comments: