Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Psalm 139:1-4



As I opened my Bible to see what I should read, it opened to Psalm 139.  And yes, I am one of those who believe that God can turn the pages for me and cause my Bible to open to exactly what HE wants me to read!!!  And I also know HE can tell me what to read or give me a scripture!!!



And so this is what I saw as I opened my Bible tonight.  By the way, I do have a
New King James Bible, as well as several others, so this is actually exactly what I read. 



Even though this psalm was written by David, when The Lord gave it to me, HE made it mine!!!  



Psalm 139:1-4 (NKJV)

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.


139 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.

You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.

You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.




Psalm 139:1-4 (CEV)

(A psalm by David for the music leader.)

139 You have looked deep into my heart, Lord, and you know all about me.

You know when I am resting or when I am working, and from heaven you discover my thoughts.

You notice everything I do and everywhere I go.

Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say,



As I read this psalm, I can’t help but think, “You know me so well, Oh Lord!!!” 



God knows me better than I know myself!!!  He understands everything I do even when I do NOT understand myself!!!  And the best part is that HE LOVES ME!!!  He loves me despite of how weird or crazy or nutty, I might seem!!! 




AND HE LOVES YOU, TOO!!!!




You know, we can love many folks, but most of us have no idea why we ourselves act the way we do, let alone why anyone else acts the way they do!!!  But God knows us from the top to the bottom!!!  He understands us!!!  He understands why we think the way we do!!!




He knows ALL our quirks, ALL our pet peeves, and ALL our soap boxes!!!  He knows and understands what makes us tick and what makes us, us!!!




AND HE LOVES US ANYWAY!!!!





As I read over this psalm again in the CEV, I am just amazed to think that God knows every word that I will speak today.  He knows every thought that I will think, He knows everything I will do and He knows every where that I will go!!! 



Psalm 139:1-4 (CEV)

(A psalm by David for the music leader.)


139 You have looked deep into my heart, Lord, and you know all about me.

You know when I am resting or when I am working, and from heaven you discover my thoughts.

You notice everything I do and everywhere I go.

Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say,





And HE knows before I ever think, speak, or do, what I will think, speak, or do!!!  HE KNOWS BEFORE I DO!!!  And HE even knows why!!!




Wow!!!  How awesome is that!!!




How surprised some folks would be to realize that God truly know everything that goes on!!!  They would be in total shock to realize that nothing they do is hidden from HIM!!!





Hebrews 4:13 (NCV) Nothing in all the world can be hidden from God. Everything is clear and lies open before him, and to him we must explain the way we have lived.



No comments: