Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE!!!




Many times the Lord has spoken to me and told me:  Let NOT your heart be troubled!!! 



John 14:1 (KJV) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 



John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.



God brought these words to me as I sat here thinking tonight!!!  



“I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.”




So, I looked them up!!! 



Deuteronomy 31:6-8 (NKJV)


Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Then Moses called Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, “Be strong and of good courage, for you must go with this people to the land which the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to inherit it.

And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”



You know, I can’t help but think when I read this passage that this is good advice for ALL of us when we go out into the world.  Don’t get me wrong!  I understand that God is talking to Joshua and the children of Israel!!!




But verse 6 really encourages me!!!  “BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE, DO NOT FEAR THEM!!!”



Deuteronomy 31:6 (NKJV) Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”




When God gives us a new job and a new workplace, or even a new place to live in a new area, it can be scary!!!  But when God send us to new place, it is like it says in verse 7!!!  He is giving us the land!!!  And we are to go in and to conquer it!!!!




And to do that we must listen carefully to GOD and to ALL HIS INSTRUCTIONS!!!  It doesn’t mean that we are to go in preaching to everyone!!! 




You know, God can use us without us ever even telling anyone that we are saved!!!!  He can use us as a witness to others when we live and act and walk right!!! 




We have to know that OUR GOD goes before us when HE sends us out!!!  And that HE will be with us!!



Deuteronomy 31:8 (NKJV) And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”




Here is this same passage in the New Century Version!!!



Deuteronomy 31:6-8 (NCV)


6
Be strong and brave. Don't be afraid of them and don't be frightened, because the Lord your God will go with you. He will not leave you or forget you."

7 Then Moses called Joshua and said to him in front of the people, "Be strong and brave, because you will lead these people into the land the Lord promised to give their ancestors, and help them take it as their own.

8 The Lord himself will go before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forget you. Don't be afraid and don't worry."

 

No comments: