Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Holy Spirit, The Comforter


I wanted to share a little tidbit that God gave me today!! 



I thought it was really neat and hope that you will enjoy it!!!



You see, I heard a preacher speaking about the Holy Spirit!!! 



As he began to tell a story to illustrate his point, the Lord spoke to me!!!


I sat there listening and I waited for the preacher to say what God gave me, but he didn’t!!!



Sometimes, God speaks A WORD to you!!!  It’s always exciting to know that God has told you something that HE hasn’t told anyone else. 



I just love those times!!!  Those moments with God are so special to me!!!



So, here is what God gave me!!! 




As the preacher spoke, he said that in the King James Version, Jesus called The Holy Spirit, THE COMFORTER. 



John 14:16 (KJV) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;



Let’s take the word, comforter!!!  And let’s think about this for a moment!!!



To me, a “comforter” is blanket-like cover that can be put on your bed to keep you warm!!  It is something that you can wrap around yourself.  It is soft, but strong.  It protects you and keeps you warm and safe!!!



The Holy Spirit is THE COMFORTER!!!  And THE HOLY SPIRIT, HE IS GOD!!! 



So, if we take God and we wrap HIM around us like we would wrap a comforter around us, then HE will protect us!!!  If we surround ourselves with GOD, then we are safe from ALL other things!!!



When God speaks to a person, HE talks to them about things that they know and understand!!!!



I keep a comforter on my couch and when I am tired, or sad, or cold, I wrap my comforter around me and it makes me feel safe and secure!!!  It comforts me and makes me feel warm and it helps me sleep!!!  I snuggle into it and wrap it around me!!!  



God,
The Holy Spirit is even better than just a simple comforter like the one I keep on my couch!!!! 



When I am sad or scared, I take comfort in God!!!  God makes sure that I am truly safe and secure!!!  He makes a way for me!!!



Isaiah 45:2 (AMP) I will go before you and level the mountains [to make the crooked places straight]; I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut asunder the bars of iron.





You know, a comforter made of cloth and lined with stuffing is comfortable!!! 



But there is great comfort in God!!!  When you are one of God’s kids, you can snuggle down, deep into HIS STRONG, LOVING ARMS and HE WILL WRAP THEM TIGHTLLY AROUND YOU!!! 



You can sleep securely in HIS ARMS in the middle of a storm!!!  You can have PEACE when there seems to be no peace!!! 



HE will hold onto you when you feel weak and HE WILL HELP YOU STAND, when you don’t think that you have any strength left!!! 


No comments: