Monday, July 9, 2012

The Holy Spirit, Why Do We Need HIM???



Most of us know that The Holy Ghost is a real person!!! 



THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT A PART OF GOD!!!  Rather HE IS GOD!!! 



That having been said, let’s talk about why the Holy Spirit came to the earth for man!!!  Yes, for man; for you and me!!!   


Jesus told His disciples that He would ask The Father to send The Holy Spirit to us!!!



John 14:1-4 (NKJV)


14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

And where I go you know, and the way you know.”


John 14:15-18 (NKJV)


15 If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands.

16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—

17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.

18 I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you.


So, why do we need HIM???



Here is what Jesus told His disciples.
 

John 14:26 (NKJV) But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

 


The Holy Spirit plays a very important role in the world today.  We as God’s children cannot live without Him and HIS HELP!!!  We need His leadership and His guidance in ALL areas of our lives.  Without the Holy Spirit, we are powerless in our human flesh!!!


John 16:4-15 (CEV)


I am saying this to you now, so that when the time comes, you will remember what I have said.
I was with you at the first, and so I didn’t tell you these things.

But now I am going back to the Father who sent me, and none of you asks me where I am going.

You are very sad from hearing all of this.

But I tell you that I am going to do what is best for you. That is why I am going away. The Holy Spirit cannot come to help you until I leave. But after I am gone, I will send the Spirit to you.

The Spirit will come and show the people of this world the truth about sin and God’s justice and the judgment.

The Spirit will show them that they are wrong about sin, because they didn’t have faith in me.

10 They are wrong about God’s justice, because I am going to the Father, and you won’t see me again.

11 And they are wrong about the judgment, because God has already judged the ruler of this world.

12 I have much more to say to you, but right now it would be more than you could understand.

13 The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn’t speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen.

14 The Spirit will bring glory to me by taking my message and telling it to you.

15 Everything that the Father has is mine. That is why I have said that the Spirit takes my message and tells it to you.


No comments: