Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Holy Spirit Has Many Names

 
 

WE KNOW THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD!!! 



We call HIM THE SPIRIT of GOD, THE SPIRIT, THE HOLY GHOST, and even THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!



Jesus called HIM, THE COMFORTER!!!  He told the disciples that He had to go back to The Father, but that He would ask The FATHER to send us The Comforter.



John 14:16 (KJV) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;



But depending on what Bible you are reading, The Spirit is called by other names.



John 14:16 (AMP) And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—



John 14:16 (CEB) I will ask the Father, and he will send another Companion, who will be with you forever.




I think the most important thing to know about Holy Spirit and HIS Many Names is that THE FATHER sent HIM to Earth to help us out!!!



John 14:18 (KJV) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.


No comments: