Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Holy Spirit; HE NEVER LEAVES US!!!



Have you ever noticed in GOD’S WORD, that there are times when God repeats HIMSELF?  There are times that God tells us things over and over again! 



For instance, in John 14, Jesus tells us in verse 1 and then again in verse 27, “Let NOT your heart be troubled”. 



I figure that when God tells us something more than once, it must be important and we need to make sure that we listen to what HE is saying!!!



John 14:16-18 (CEV)


16 Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you.

17 The Spirit will show you what is true. The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit, because they don’t see or know him. But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.

18
 
I won’t leave you like orphans. I will come back to you.




John 14:16-18 (NKJV)


16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—

17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.

18 I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you.



Do you see in these 2 versions of the Bible how God has the writer assure us that the Holy Spirit with be with us forever and never leave us?


Verse 16 of the Contemporary English Version Jesus says, “the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you.”  Then in verse 17, But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.”



In the New King James Version, v
erse 16 says Jesus told His Disciples, He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—.” 


Then in verse 17, Jesus tells them,
But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.”



To me, it is important to know that I will never be alone!!! 



These verses in God's Word are His Assurance to us -to those who know HIM-to those of us who are truly the children of GOD-that we will never have to be alone again!!!



I wonder how many folks in this old world have killed themselves because they felt ALL alone!!!  And yet, if they would read THE WORD and accept Christ as their Lord and Savior, they would never have to be alone again!!!



John 14:18 (NKJV) I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you.



God assured the Children of Israel so many years ago, even as HE assures us today, that HE would always be with them, no matter what!!!



Deuteronomy 31:6 (NKJV) Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”



I really think that this is why Jesus also tells us twice that we should NOT let our hearts be troubled!!!  God wants us to have peace and rest in HIM!!!



John 14:1, 27 (NKJV)

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

  

The Amplified Bible says it this way!!!


John 14:1, 27 (AMP)

 

1 Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.

27 Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]


No comments: