Saturday, June 9, 2012

Do you know when God is talking to you???



God talks to me!!!
  Does He talk to you???  I bet HE does!!!




Have you ever walked by someone that you didn’t know and heard a still small voice say, “Smile!!! and ask them how they are.”





Or maybe you got your lunch at work or school and wondered where you should sit.
  And when you looked around, you saw someone sitting by themselves, and the thought came to you that you should sit at the same table. 




Have you ever noticed that someone didn’t come to church on Sunday or you haven’t seen them at the store recently?
  And the thought comes to call them or go by and check on them!!!




Or maybe, you just found yourself in the car, turning and going a way that is NOT all the way that you normally go, and then later you find that there was a wreck on the road that you normally take.
 




All these are examples of ways that God talks to us or directs our paths!!!
  And when HE speaks to us, we need to listen!!!  Whether we hear the words or we just have a feeling or a thought comes to us!!! 




We need to do what God is telling us or directing us to do!!!!
  We need to be obedient to GOD!!!




But how do we know that it is GOD???
  Well, for one thing, the devil will NOT tell you to do something good!!!  So, if it is something good, unless you feel uneasy about it, you should do it!!! 




Now sometimes a thought comes to do something, but it makes us feel uneasy!!!
  When you don’t have peace about doing something, then you don’t do it!!! 




I have had many, many experiences in which God has told me to do things.  And there have been times that I was scared!!!  There is a difference in being scared and in be uneasy!!!  We, as humans get scared sometimes!!! 




When I am scared to do what God tells me to do, HE will often say something like, “They can’t eat you!!!”
  Or “ALL they can say is NO!!!”  And my fear goes away!!! 




I want to hear God’s Voice and I want to obedient to HIM!!!
  I want HIM to direct my paths!!!  So, I try to listen very carefully for HIS VOICE!!! 




I know that nowadays folks don’t stop on the highway for others.
  They just drive by and leave folks stranded!!!  Now, I cannot tell you, single ladies or kids that you should always stop and help someone, but you can ask God if you should!!!




That is what I do!!!  I say, God should I stop???  If you want me to stop I will!!!  And I have stopped many times when no one else seemed to want to help!!! 



There have been other times, when just as I asked God about stopping someone else would pull over and stop.



You see, I have been the one on the side of the road needing assistance, but God always makes a way for me!!!  Every time!!!!  God has never left me stranded!!!  And HE NEVER WILL!!! 



One day when I was coming home from work, I saw a man walking!!!  And the Lord said stop and pick him up!!!  Well, being the obedient child of God that I always am, I drove right past him and kept going!!!



It was then that I heard God say turn around and go back and get him, so I did!!!  I figured if it was that important, I had better do it!!!  And so I drove past him again and drove down the road, so I could turn around and get him. 




Before I got close I reached over and turned the A/C on high (as high as it would go.)  And I rolled ALL the windows down!!!  Now I don’t usually do that and I certainly don’t ride down the road like that, but as I got close that is what I did. 



So, I stop and pick him up!!!  And when he got in the truck, I noticed that he had a sack with him and from that sack came the most awful smell!!!  It was bad enough to make you gag!!!  Then I knew why God had had me roll the windows down and turn the A/C on full blast!!!




To make the story short, it got to where I would see him every day.  (He never had that sack with him again, but there he would be walking.)  And I couldn't drive past him because he knew me now. 




So, I was in the shower one morning and I asked God why I had to keep stopping and getting this man!!!  God said to me, you told him that you would pray that he got the car he needs.  So, right then and there I prayed for God to give that man the car he needed, so he would NOT have to continue to walk every where. 



Do you know that the next time I saw that man, he was driving a car!!!  Isn’t God Great!!!!




God needs us to show HIS love to others!!!  I had told that man that I would pray for God to give him a car, but I had forgotten!!!
 


So, the next time God speaks to you in that still small voice, be sure to listen!!!  And if you don’t understand, ask Him what HE wants you to do!!!



1 Kings 19:11-13 (NKJV)


11 
Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;

12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

No comments: