Saturday, June 30, 2012

"That Don't Impress Me Much!!!"



Democrat, Republican, or Liberal, that don’t impress me much!!! 



Senator, Congressman, or Presidential hopeful, that don’t impress me much!!!   



Doctor or Lawyer?  A great chef might impress me more!!! 


Indian chief or movie star?  Now, that might impress me!!  Nah!  Your NOT John Wayne!!! 


Baptist or Methodist, Presbyterian or Catholic, that don’t impress me much!!!


So, you know the Pope!!!  That don’t impress me much!!!



Lion’s Club, Kiwanis, or Rotary, that don’t impress me much!!!  


Garden Club, Red Hat Club, or Book of the Month Club, that don’t impress me much!!!  



You see, I don’t care what your religion or your affiliation is!!!  And I don’t care what club you’re in!!!  That just doesn’t impress me much!!!



Now, I know that a lot of organizations do good, and I am NOT knocking that!!! 



But you can’t impress me by being a member of a club or an organization.  And you can’t impress me because you have your name on a plaque!!!




But I will ask you this, when they read your obituary, is that ALL that they are going to be able to say about you??? 



Or will they be able to tell the world that you served The One True and Living God and that you loved HIM with ALL your heart, ALL your mind, and ALL your soul???



If NOT, then ALL of your accomplishments are in vain!!!

 


You see, I know the Creator of the Universe. I know the designer of every living thing!!!  I know the maker of the wind, the rain, and the stars!!! 



I know Jesus, so ALL those big names, they don’t impress me much!!! 



I know THE LIGHT that dwelt among men!!!



Do you know HIM???



John 1:1-9 (NKJV)


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was in the beginning with God.

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.

He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.




I know THE LIFE, THE TRUTH AND THE WAY!!!



And unless you know HIM, too, and you can call HIM SAVIOR; REDEEMER!!!   You don’t have much that can impress me!!! 



John 14:1-6 (NKJV)


14 
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”



********************

Here is the song, That Don't Impress Me Much, by Shania Twain!!!  I am posting it for fun and I hope you enjoy it!!!  A video of Shania singing this song is linked to the title of the song below!!!  As you can tell, it came to mind when God gave me this post and the one before it!!!

  

That Don't Impress Me Much
I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart
But you've got being right down to an art
You think you're a genius.
You drive me up the wall
You're a regular original, a know-it-all
Oh-oh-oh, you think you're special
Oh-oh-oh, you think you're something else

Okay, so you're a rocket scientist

That don't impress me much
So you got the brain, but have you got the touch
Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night
That don't impress me much

Yeah, yeah

I never knew a guy who carried a mirror in his pocket

And a comb up his sleeve, just in case
And all that extra hold gel in your hair oughtta lock it
'Cause Heaven forbid it should fall outta place

Oh-oh-oh, you think you're special

Oh-oh-oh, you think you're something else

Okay, so you're Brad Pitt

That don't impress me much

So you got the looks, but have you got the touch
Don't get me wrong, yeah, I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night
That don't impress me much

Yeah


You're one of those guys who likes to shine his machine

You make me take off my shoes before you let me get in
I can't believe you kiss your car good night
C'mon baby tell me
You must be jokin', right!

Oh-oh-oh, you think you're special

Oh-oh-oh, you think you're something else

Okay, so you've got a car

That don't impress me much

So you got the moves, but have you got the touch

Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night

That don't impress me much

You think you're cool, but have you got the touch
Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm on the long, cold, lonely nights
That don't impress me much

No comments: