Monday, June 18, 2012

When God Speaks, Everybody Should Listen!!!


I used to wonder why Jesus spoke in parables to the people, but when God began to speak to me as I was washing the dishes, I understood!!!  God speaks to folks, but there are some that do NOT want to hear!!!  To them, what God says is just a story and they do NOT understand because they do NOT want to understand!!!  They do NOT want to hear God!!!



Sometimes God speaks to me when I mow and at other times, He speaks to me when I am driving!!!  I want to hear and see the things that God shows me!!!  I have EARS TO HEAR!!!



God uses the simple things in my life to show me the important things of God, just as He used the simple things to speak to the disciples and to others.  But some did not understand!!!  To them HE spoke in parables!!!



Matthew 11:15 (NKJV) He who has ears to hear, let him hear!



Sometimes God speaks to me directly of something I have seen or heard!!!



God is speaking and HE does want us to hear what HE is saying.  He doesn’t want us to turn a deaf ear or ignore what HIS SPIRIT is saying!!!


Revelation 3:22 (NKJV) “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’”




You know, I used to see a commercial on TV.  It was about a company called E. F. Hutton and once I was saved, it always caught my attention.  To make sure that I was correct, I looked it up.  Here is the article that I found. www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/when_e_f_hutton_talks_people_listen_e_f_hutton/



Here is what that article said, “The investment firm of E. F. Hutton is now part of the Citigroup family. E. F. Hutton is still remembered for its catchy advertising slogan: "When E. F. Hutton talks, people listen." The commercials would show people stopping whatever they were doing the moment someone would casually say, "Well, my broker is E. F. Hutton, and he says..."”


I can remember thinking that that commercial ought to be a commercial for God!!!  It ought to say when God talks, people listen!!!  Unfortunately, that just isn’t true!!!  



Mark 4:9-19 (CEV)

 9 Then Jesus said, “If you have ears, pay attention.”

10 When Jesus was alone with the twelve apostles and some others, they asked him about these stories.

11 He answered:
I have explained the secret about God’s kingdom to you, but for others I can use only stories.

12 The reason is,
“These people will look
    and look, but never see.
They will listen and listen,
    but never understand.
If they did,
    they would turn to God,
    and he would forgive them.”

13 Jesus told them:
If you don’t understand this story, you won’t understand any others.

14 What the farmer is spreading is really the message about the kingdom.

15 The seeds that fell along the road are the people who hear the message. But Satan soon comes and snatches it away from them.

16 The seeds that fell on rocky ground are the people who gladly hear the message and accept it right away.

17 But they don’t have any roots, and they don’t last very long. As soon as life gets hard or the message gets them in trouble, they give up.

18 The seeds that fell among the thornbushes are also people who hear the message.

19 But they start worrying about the needs of this life. They are fooled by the desire to get rich and to have all kinds of other things. So the message gets choked out, and they never produce anything.



God once gave me an example of ALL this!!! 



He said that
the children of God should be like the duck!!!  When a duck is swimming in the water, and he gets out of the water, you can watch as it rolls off his back.  He gets out and goes on with life.



This is how we should be as children of God!!!  We go out into the world and then we come home.  Once we get in our cars or get home, we should shake ourselves and let the cares of this world roll off our back like the water off the duck’s back. 



The duck doesn’t let the weight of the water weigh him down.  If he did, he would NOT be able to swim!!!  And we can’t swim if we allow the cares of this world (our problems) weigh us down!!!



To swim is to know and believe that Our Father God will provide for us in every situation no matter what!!! 



Philippians 4:19 (NKJV) And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

 

No comments: