Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Preach THE WORD!!!!

 

Just the other day I heard a man preaching on the radio.  As the man spoke I was quite astonished to hear him say that God does NOT want everyone to be healed!!!



To be quite honest, hearing him say that infuriated me for 2 reasons:  First, he is saying this on the radio and it is being broadcast on a station that folks listen to everywhere and someone might actually believe him, and secondly, what he said is simply NOT true!!!




GOD WANTS TO HEAL EVERYONE!!! 



GOD DOESN’T WANT ANYONE TO BE IN PAIN OR TO SUFFER!!!  That is NOT HIS WILL!!!



It says so in THE WORD OF GOD!!!

 


Matthew 9:35 (NKJV) Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.





My response was to say, “Dude, you need to read your Bible!!!”  And then I turned the radio to another station!!!  To be truthful, if God sent me to this man, I would show him what it says in THE WORD OF GOD!!  And I would hope that he would change his mind!!! 



So, why am I writing this today???  Well, because I can’t get this off my mind!!!  God keeps reminding me of what this man said!!!  He keeps reminding me that this man told everyone a lie (whether intentional or NOT) on the radio!!!  There is no telling how many people heard that broadcast!!!  And God keeps reminding me that what that man said ISN’T TRUE!!!



As preachers and teachers, we must make sure that what we preach or teach lines up with THE WORD OF GOD!!!!  Every word that comes out of our mouths needs to line up with THE WORD!!!  People are listening to us!!!



We are NOT supposed to add to or take away from the Word of God!!!  God tells us this in HIS WORD!!! 



Deuteronomy 4:1-2 (CEV)


Moses said:

Israel, listen to these laws and teachings! If you obey them, you will live, and you will go in and take the land that the Lord is giving you. He is the God your ancestors worshiped,

and now he is your God. I am telling you everything he has commanded, so don’t add anything or take anything away.


God told the Moses that both he and the people were to obey and do everything that God said!!!


Deuteronomy 12:32 (NKJV) “Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.”




As a listener, it is your duty to make sure that what you hear lines up with The WORD of GOD!!!!  It isn’t your duty to correct the preacher, but it is your duty to pray for him or her!!!!



You need always to pray for your preacher and ask God to direct his or her path because it is a very serious thing to preach something other than the Gospel!!!


Galatians 1:6-9 (NCV)

6 God, by his grace through Christ, called you to become his people. So I am amazed that you are turning away so quickly and believing something different than the Good News.

7
Really, there is no other Good News. But some people are confusing you; they want to change the Good News of Christ.

8
We preached to you the Good News. So if we ourselves, or even an angel from heaven, should preach to you something different, we should be judged guilty!

9
I said this before, and now I say it again: You have already accepted the Good News. If anyone is preaching something different to you, let that person be judged guilty!


No comments: