Monday, August 20, 2012

“Waiting Upon The Lord IN FAITH!!!”



I am continuing in my study of “Waiting Upon The Lord!!!” 



In yesterday’s post, I started with Psalms 27:13-14. 

 
Psalm 27:14 (NKJV)


14 
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!



Here is Psalms 27:13-14 in The Amplified Bible!!!


Psalm 27:13-14 (AMP)


13 
[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living!

14 Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.



In this verse, David makes it plain that he was expecting to see THE LORD’S GOODNESS in the land of the living!!! 


And we can see quite plainly that he is talking about waiting upon and seeing God and HIS GOODNESS here on this earth!!!


There are a whole lot of folks that think that we have to wait until we get to Heaven to have God’s blessings, and experience HIS GOODNESS and HIS RICHES here on earth!!!! 


And so I want to make it plain that I have no intention of waiting ‘til I get to Heaven to experience GOD’S GOODNESS, HIS BLESSINGS, and yes, HIS RICHES!!! 



God NEVER once said that HE expected us to live in poverty and NOT be blessed here on this earth!!! 



So, to ALL you folks who want to talk down about the preachers who preach prosperity, “Go on,” I say!!!  Go on! Live poor and in poverty, but when you get to heaven, you better be ready to explain to God why you disregarded HIS WORD!!!



John 10:10 (NKJV) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.



John 10:10 (AMP) …I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).



As I read Psalms 27, I saw this verse and I thought that this is something we should ALL seek from THE LORD!!!


Psalm 27:11 (NKJV) Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.



I want to learn to walk in God’s Way, and I need HIM to make my path SMOOTH, so that I won't trip.  Even if I didn’t have enemies, I would need THE LORD to make my path SMOOTH!!!



I have the faith to believe and know that God hears my prayers-my supplications!!!  


Psalm 28:6 (NKJV)


Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!


HE IS MY STRENGTH and HE IS MY SHIELD!!!  He protects me from the fiery darts of the devil!!!  He is my refuge and my hiding place!!! 


Psalm 28:7 (NKJV)


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.



HE IS THE STRENGTH OF HIS PEOPLE!!!  HE IS THEIR REFUGE!!!  HE sent HIS SON-HIS COMMISSIONED ONE-THE MESSIAH TO SAVE HIS PEOPLE!!!


Psalm 28:8-9 (NKJV)


The Lord is their strength,
And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.

Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also,
And bear them up forever.



In verse 9 when it speaks of
YOUR INHERITANCE, it means THE LORD’S INHERITANCE!!! We are His Inheritance because HE has made us Joint Heirs with Christ Jesus!!!!  This verse refers us to Deut. 9:29.



Deuteronomy 9:29 (NKJV) Yet they are Your people and Your inheritance, whom You brought out by Your mighty power and by Your outstretched arm.’



This verse is talking about how God brought the Children of Israel out of Egypt and out of bondage with HIS MIGHTY OUTSTRETCHED ARM!!!



Do you know that God brought His People came out of Egypt with the riches of the land???  And do you know that they were no sick among them???


Psalm 105:37 (NKJV) He also brought them out with silver and gold,
And there was none feeble among His tribes.


Today, we are also His Children!!!  We are also His People, His Chosen Ones.  He hasn’t forgotten Israel, but HE has included us!!!  He has adopted us!!! 



And as HIS CHILDREN, we know that HE IS OUR STRENGTH, AND OUR REFUGE!!! 



We can count on HIM to save us from ALL that comes against us!!! And as HIS INHERITANCE, we can expect to be blessed!!! 


We can trust in GOD and say to HIM, shepherd us-guide us and lead us!!!  Watch over us!!!  And bear us up forever, Oh LORD!!!
 


Psalm 28:8-9 (NKJV)


The Lord is their strength,
And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.

Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also,
And bear them up forever.



And one day very soon, when this life is over, and we have ran our race with patience, we will see Jesus. 


Isaiah 25:9 (NKJV)


And it will be said in that day:
“Behold, this is our God;
We have waited for Him, and He will save us.
This is the Lord;
We have waited for Him;
We will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.”




No comments: