Thursday, August 2, 2012

God Doesn’t Give Out Back-Handed Compliments!!!



Surely everyone knows what a back-handed compliment is!!!  Well, just in case you don’t, I looked up the definition.



A backhanded compliment is an insult that is disguised as a compliment. Sometimes, a backhanded compliment may be unintentional. More often than NOT, there is an intent to belittle or condescend.
A backhanded compliment may fool the listener, but the compliment remains "backhanded" because the speaker is being intentionally slighting and insulting.


Insulting some one, or talking bad to them or making fun of them shows everyone that you need God!!!!




GOD NEVER INSULTS HIS CHILDREN AND HE NEVER GIVES THEM BACK-HANDED COMPLIMENTS!!!



And because we are made in God’s image, then we should NOT be giving out back-handed compliments either!!!!



Genesis 1:27 (NKJV) So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.



When other folks mistreat you, they are NOT being GODLY!!!
  And when they act like that, they are NOT in God’s WILL!!! 


And they are certainly NOT acting as God wants them to act!!!



God is NOT mean, hateful, ugly, or even unkind to people!!!  And certainly NOT to HIS KIDS!!!  He doesn’t berate us or talk down to us or laugh at us!!!!


No one has the right to mistreat you!!!
  And your friends will NOT mistreat you, NOT IF THEYARE TRULY YOUR FRIENDS!!!

We are to treat others as we want to be treated!!!  And that means with respect!!!



Luke 6:31 (NKJV) And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.



If you know someone that mistreats you, then you need to pray for them!!!  When a person does things like that, it is usually because they are jealous, but that doesn’t make it right!!!

Matthew 5:44 (KJV) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you


I WANT TO TELL YOU OF SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!



One night on my way home from walking at the track, I stopped at the store!!!
  I was pretty sweaty and because I live in a small town, everyone knew that I was coming from the track!!!  Now, I usually wear my brother’s big ole shirts to walk in because it gets so hot and they are just more comfortable!!! 



Well, this particular night I had on a sleeveless t-shirt and I wasn’t thinking about how big the holes on the sides were!!!
  What I didn’t realize was that although I was covered, if someone wanted to ogle me, they could see the sides of my sports bra!!! 



Now, I going to be plain and I am going to tell you just like I told the folks at church one time!!!
  If some person is looking at my arm pits or someone else’s and getting ALL hot and bothered, then they need a deliverance!!!


Anyway, I hadn’t really thought about what I had on!!!
  And so I grabbed the things I needed and went to check out!!!  I knew the lady at the check out.  She always makes a point to tell me where she has been to church and how mighty the Lord moved in the service!!! 



That night there was a slightly older couple in line behind me and they were nicely dressed!!!
  As I gathered my few things up and started to leave, the checker said to this couple, “You may NOT can tell it from the way she is dressed, but this lady is a child of GOD. 



I do NOT mind telling you that I couldn’t believe that she made that remark!!!
  At the time, I just thought that she was unwise, like some folks can be!!!  Of course, what she said was a back-handed compliment!!!


But as I wrote my other blog and even this one, THE LORD said it was the devil!!!  I had already figured out that there was something strange going on, but I didn’t know what!!!


I asked the Lord about going to the store dressed like that and he told me to start carrying an extra shirt with me when I work out!!!  He told me that I could always change my shirt before I went to the store, etc!!!  That way I leave no room for the devil and his snide remarks!!!!  

Ephesians 4:27 (CEB) Don’t provide an opportunity for the devil.

No comments: