Thursday, August 30, 2012

THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD??? NOT THAT AGAIN!!!





Do you ever just want to groan when someone says,
“YOU NEED TO PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD!!!”



Do you ever think, “Well, if I understood what that meant, then maybe I could do it!!!”  And maybe you are like me.  Maybe when someone would say that to you, you didn’t dare say, “I don’t know how to do that!!!  I just don’t understand it!!!”



You know, I had this happen to me the other day.  A friend of mine said,
“You have to put on the whole armor of God.” 



I remember that I just wanted to groan when she said that, and say,
“NOT THAT AGAIN!!!!”  And I remember thinking, “Oh no!!!  NOT The Whole Armor of God!!!”



And I know that God heard me!!!  He knew that I really had no idea how I was supposed to put on the whole armor of God!!!!



It isn’t that I don’t want to understand it!!!!  Or that I don’t want to do it, but for some reason, I can’t remember ever hearing anyone break down this scripture and teach it to me!!! 



So, I cried out to GOD and I knew that HE WOULD HELP ME!!! 



After spending time with God, He began to show me things about this scripture!!!  And I know that HE WILL CONTINUE TO TEACH ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW!!!! 


John 14:26 (NCV) But the Helper will teach you everything and will cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name.



I will share with you what I understand and I WILL make it plain and simple with God’s help!!!



So, let’s take a look at THAT SCRIPTURE!!!  And let’s see if we can break it down, little by little!!!!


Ephesians 6:10-18 (NKJV)


10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—



I bet you understand part of this scripture, even though you may NOT think so!!!  Everyone has knowledge and understanding, it is just a matter of how you apply it!!!



Ephesians 6:10-18 (CJB)


10 Finally, grow powerful in union with the Lord, in union with his mighty strength!

11 Use all the armor and weaponry that God provides, so that you will be able to stand against the deceptive tactics of the Adversary.

12 For we are not struggling against human beings, but against the rulers, authorities and cosmic powers governing this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm.

13 So take up every piece of war equipment God provides; so that when the evil day comes, you will be able to resist; and when the battle is won, you will still be standing.

14 Therefore, stand! Have the belt of truth buckled around your waist, put on righteousness for a breastplate,

15 and wear on your feet the readiness that comes from the Good News of shalom.

16 Always carry the shield of trust, with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the Evil One.

17 And take the helmet of deliverance; along with the sword given by the Spirit, that is, the Word of God;

18 as you pray at all times, with all kinds of prayers and requests, in the Spirit, vigilantly and persistently, for all God’s people.




Let’s start at verse 10 and see what it says!!!




Ephesians 6:10 (NKJV) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.




First God tells us that we need to be strong, but that we do NOT have to be strong by ourselves.  We don’t have to do it on our own!!!  We are to be strong in HIM!!!  HE WILL BE THERE AND HE WILL HELP US!!! 



Ephesians 6:10 (CJB) Finally, grow powerful in union with the Lord, in union with his mighty strength!




God IS NOT telling us to fight the devil in our own strength!!!  He is NOT like King Saul, who gave David his armor and sent him out to fight that giant by himself!!!!



NO, GOD IS AND WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH US THE WHOLE TIME!!! 


God’s promises us that
HE WILL NEVER LEAVE NOR FORSAKE US!!!


Deuteronomy 31:6 (NKJV) Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”




GOD is telling us that we are to use and have
HIS STRENGTH!!!  God lets us know that HE WILL ARM US!!!!  And HE will be right there with us to fight against the enemy!!! 



WE HAVE TO KNOW THAT WHEN GOD IS FIGHTING AGAINST THE DEVIL WITH US, THE VICTORY IS SURELY OURS!!!



I read the back of the book (GOD’S WORD) and you know what??? 
WE WIN!!!  Did you hear that???  Let me say it again!!!  WE WIN!!!



GOD WANTS US TO BE VICTORIOUS!!!! He wants us to rule and reign with HIM!!!!  That is our destiny!!! 



GOD WANTS US TO HAVE VICTORY HERE ON THIS EARTH!!!  HE WANTS US TO BE ABLE TO STAND AGAINST THE ENEMY!!!



GOD WANTS US TO HAVE GREAT LIVES!!! 


John 10:10 (KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


No comments: