Tuesday, August 21, 2012

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH!!!!



David wrote these words as “a praise” to THE MOST HIGH GOD!!!
 


Psalm 18:1-3 (NKJV)


18 
I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.



God had anointed David as King over Israel long before the end of Saul’s reign!!!!  David had served and waited upon The Lord for many years!!!



David was a mighty man of God and he chose with great wisdom to WAIT UPON THE LORD!!!  The Lord had delivered him many times through out all the years!!!  And NOW HE WAS THE ANOINTED KING OF ISRAEL, CHOSEN TO REIGN BY GOD!!!!



Even as King, David continued to love and serve THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!  David served HIM all of his days!!!



And even as King, David continued to write and sing praises to the GOD he loved!!!


Psalm 144 (NKJV)


144 Blessed be the Lord my Rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle—

My lovingkindness and my fortress,
My high tower and my deliverer,
My shield and the One in whom I take refuge,
Who subdues my people under me.

Lord, what is man, that You take knowledge of him?
Or the son of man, that You are mindful of him?

Man is like a breath;
His days are like a passing shadow.

Bow down Your heavens, O Lord, and come down;
Touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.

Flash forth lightning and scatter them;
Shoot out Your arrows and destroy them.

Stretch out Your hand from above;
Rescue me and deliver me out of great waters,
From the hand of foreigners,

Whose mouth speaks lying words,
And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.

I will sing a new song to You, O God;
On a harp of ten strings I will sing praises to You,

10 The One who gives salvation to kings,
Who delivers David His servant
From the deadly sword.

11 Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners,
Whose mouth speaks lying words,
And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood—

12 That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth;
That our daughters may be as pillars,
Sculptured in palace style;

13 That our barns may be full,
Supplying all kinds of produce;
That our sheep may bring forth thousands
And ten thousands in our fields;

14 That our oxen may be well laden;
That there be no breaking in or going out;
That there be no outcry in our streets.

15 Happy are the people who are in such a state;
Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!



David depended on God and God NEVER let him down!!!  David honored God and put his trust in The LORD, and because he did, The Lord God of Heaven honored him and made him a mighty man of honor and distinction.  HE chose David to be His King over Israel!!!


Acts 13:22 (NKJV) And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’


If ONLY we would choose to trust in God and depend on HIM as David did, just think what God would do for us!!!! 


So, today, I tell you, that I, too, choose to trust God and depend on HIM!!!  I choose to trust in and rely on HIM!!!



Psalm 18:1-3 (NKJV)


18 I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.



You see, I watched God save me from my enemies because I trusted in HIM and depended on HIM!!!



I watched GOD change the mind of a lady who was dead set on firing me!!!  I sat and listened while she explained in front of me to HR, why she had changed her mind!!! 



And I thank God and praise HIM, because I know that HE is the ONE WHO DESERVES THE GLORY!!!  I KNOW THAT HE CHANGED HER MIND!!! 


And so, because MY GOD has NEVER let me down and because HE HAS NEVER FAILED me, I choose to WAIT on HIM and I choose to trust in HIM!!!  



NOT for what HE can do for me, BUT BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS!!!



I choose to “Wait Upon The Lord,” knowing that HE WILL RENEW my strength and HE WILL BRING MY DELIVERANCE!!!  HE IS MY STRONG TOWER; MY HELP IN TIME OF NEED!!! 



Isaiah 40:28-31 (NKJV)


28 
Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.

29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,

31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.



If God is on our side, then who can stand against us????


Romans 8:31 (NKJV) …If God is for us, who can be against us?




I will “WAIT UPON THE LORD!!!”  HE IS LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS!!!  HE IS MY “ALL-IN-ALL!!!”



Psalm 27 (NKJV)

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?

The
Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,

My enemies and foes,

They stumbled and fell.

Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;

Though war may rise against me,

In this I will be confident.

One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:

That I may dwell in the house of the
Lord
All the days of my life,

To behold the beauty of the
Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.

For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;

In the secret place of His tabernacle

He shall hide me;

He shall set me high upon a rock.

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;

I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the
Lord.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face,
Lord, I will seek.”

Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;

You have been my help;

Do not leave me nor forsake me,

O God of my salvation.

10 
When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the
Lord will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.


12 
Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,

And such as breathe out violence.


13 
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the
Lord
In the land of the living.

14 
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,

And He shall strengthen your heart;

Wait, I say, on the
Lord!

No comments: