Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Does It Look Like Your Brook Is Drying Up???



God provision NEVER dries up!!!!  God’s provision for us may change, but it never dries up!!! 


1 Kings 17:1-6 (NKJV)


17 
And Elijah the Tishbite, of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word.”

Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying,

“Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.

And it will be that you shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.”

So he went and did according to the word of the Lord, for he went and stayed by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.

The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the brook.


But didn’t the brook dry up???  Yes, the brook did dry up, but God’s provision did NOT!!!  God still provided for Elijah; just NOT in the same way and NOT in the same place!!!! 


1 Kings 17:7-9 (NKJV)


And it happened after a while that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.

Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying,

“Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. See, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.”


God’s provision for Elijah changed, but it didn’t dry up!!!  God sent Elijah to a different place and provided for him in a new way!!!  Elijah had to be obedient and go where God told HIM to go, so that HE could be provided for. 


1 Kings 17:10-11 (NKJV)


10 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, indeed a widow was there gathering sticks. And he called to her and said, “Please bring me a little water in a cup, that I may drink.”

11 And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.”



Sometimes God bring us to a new place of provision, NOT only to bless us, but so that HE can bless others through us!!!    


1 Kings 17:12-14 (NKJV)


12 So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.”

13 And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son.

14 For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’”


I wonder what would have happened to the widow and her son, if Elijah had been disobedient and NOT gone to
Zarephath.     


1 Kings 17:15-16 (NKJV)


15 So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days.

16 The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah.


Many times, God has plans for us and HE has made provision for us, but we refuse to listen to HIM and follow HIS directions.  We refuse to obey HIM, and then we wonder why our lives are so messed up!!!


Jeremiah 29:11 (CEB) I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.



When need to learn that when God tells us to do something, it is for our good!!!  And we need to obey HIM!!!  When we refuse to listen to HIM, we miss out!!!  You know, God may be trying to tell us that our brook is about to dry up!!! 


John 16:13 (NKJV) However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.



Sometimes, our situations and our circumstances change, but God does NOT!!! 
God never leaves us nor forsakes us!!!  He is always there for us!!! 


Malachi 3:6 (NKJV) “For I am the Lord, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.



Deuteronomy 31:8 (NKJV) And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”



The way in which we get what we need may change!!!  And yes, we could lose a job, or something else could happen, but that doesn’t mean the God will quit supplying our needs!!!! 


Philippians 4:19 (NKJV) And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.



It just means that HE WILL BRING US PROVISION FROM ANOTHER SOURCE!!!!  We have to trust in GOD, and we have to know that HE WILL PROVIDE FOR US, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!


Psalm 23 (NKJV)

1
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

No comments: