Monday, August 1, 2016

"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)"



I heard this song earlier, and it touched my heart. 


I decided that I wanted the words, so I found them.  It wasn’t hard, but then, as usual I began to look for a video to link to my post.  What I was hoping to find was the artist that I had heard singing this song earlier today. 


In my search, I found several lyric videos, but I couldn’t find a video that suited me.  I couldn’t find the artist that I had heard earlier performing the song in a video that I liked!!! 

Since I wasn’t pleased with what I was finding, I widened my search, and when I did, I came across this amazing cappella group called BYU (Brigham Young University) Noteworthy!!! 


I can ONLY hope that you will enjoy this beautiful song as much as I do!!!  I also hope that you will enjoy this phenomenal group of vocalists and their tremendous rendition of this song!!! 


To me this is a most treasured song!!!  And while I love every version of this song, today I found a new one!!! 


The video is simply beautiful.  I might even say amazing!!!  Just click on the title of this post to watch this beautifully filmed performance.  I hope that you will also be amazed!!!   


"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)"
                           by BYU Noteworthy

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

Through countless dangers, doubts and fears
I have already come
God’s grace has brought me safely here
And grace will lead me home

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior’s ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

His guiding hand shall be my stay
His strength with me abides
And though I stumble day by day
He shall not leave my side.

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior’s ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

This earth will one day melt like snow
The sun refuse to shine
Yet God, who sent me here below
Will be forever mine.
He'll be forever mine.




No comments: