Tuesday, August 23, 2016

THE LORD HAS AVENGED ME!!!


      
Some people just don’t understand that they are coming against GOD’s kids and that they will pay for it.  And then there are other folks who just flat out don’t care that you are a child of GOD!


1 Samuel 24:12 (KJV) The Lord judge between me and thee, and the Lord avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.


I’ve seen GOD do all kinds of things because someone messed with one of HIS kids!!!


I had a preacher warn me once that GOD might hurt someone if they hurt me.  I didn’t realize it at the time, but that warning was straight from GOD!!!   


You see, I had been seeing a fellow who intentions were NOT good and I knew it. Unfortunately, I had let my guard down and had allowed my heart to become entangled with him.  After The Man of GOD warned me, this man had a bad wreck and he very nearly died.  He totaled his vehicle. 


It was then that I realized that this man could have died because he was seeing and influencing one of GOD’s children.  I tried to tell him why these things were happening to him, but he wouldn’t believe me. 

I even tried to break up with him, but he didn’t want to stop seeing me and I was weak.  Several other bad things happened to this man and he eventually lost his job.  He actually lost 2 jobs before I totally quit seeing and talking to him!!! 


Sometimes, we are so hardheaded that we continue to make bad decisions even when we know better.  GOD had to separate me from this man for my own good, as well as his.  This man ended up taking a job far away and I couldn’t afford to go see him because I had also lost my job.  And because he worked and lived so far away, he couldn’t come see me. 


I can see now that this was for the best!!!  I am so thankful that GOD finally got me straightened out, and I am so thankful that HE LOVED ME enough to help me get back on the right road!!! 


Sometimes, God is swift and HE moves to strike someone before you even realize what has happened!  HIS anger is terrible and it is very dangerous!!!


Several years ago, I began to go to Water Aerobics 3 days a week.  After exercising consistently for about 3 months, I lost a lot of weight, but unfortunately, these folks had too much chlorine in their pool and it was beginning to damage my skin and hair.  Because I wanted to continue to work out, I started going to the exercise room and walking on the tread mill while I read my book. 


One of the trainers began talking to me and a few of the other ladies.  So, when he suggested that we go out to eat after our next work out session, I accepted because I thought that we were all going as a group.  I knew that he was married, so there was no way that I was going to agree to go on a date with him. 


Later, I realized that he was inviting me out for a date and I got very upset about it.  I spoke with a friend of mine and we prayed about the situation.  I wanted to make sure that I approached him correctly and I said the right things.  I wanted him to understand that while he seemed nice, I could NOT go out with a married man. 


The next time that I went to work out, I went over to talk to him to let him know that I couldn’t go eat with him.  When I brought the subject up, this man acted like I was crazy!!!  He acted like he had no idea what I was talking about and it upset me greatly!!!  Later, when I told my friend, I cried because I was still so upset over his treatment of me.


We prayed and I forgave him.  I acted like nothing had happened and just went ahead to go work out like I needed to.  I realized after 3 or 4 days, that I hadn’t seen him.  So, finally, I asked one of the staff members about him. 


I was told that he had fallen down a flight of stairs and was badly injured!!!  Then something else bad happened to him.  A couple of days later, someone told me that this same man had gotten run over at work by a forklift!!! I thought that it was awfully strange that all these bad things had happened to this man.   


I told my friend what had happened to this man and how strange it all seemed.  I was surprised when she said that she thought that all these things had happened to him because he had treated me so badly!!!  She reminded me about how upset I was over the way he had treated me and how upset I was when he acted like I was crazy!!! 
 


2 Thessalonians 1:6 (AMP) For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you


GOD doesn’t take things lightly!!! 
Don’t ever think that GOD is just going to sit idly by and watch while HIS children are being mistreated!!!
 


2 Thessalonians 1:6 (NIV) God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you


Many times, I’ve had GOD to tell me to pray that HE be merciful to the very folks that were attacking and mistreating me!!!    At times, GOD uses people to test and try us!  HE uses them like the Refiner’s Fire to purify us.  And when we pass the test, he pulls us out of the fire!!!   


Many years ago, I worked for a company that had lots of female Department heads and even more female employees.  The department that I worked in was small and my boss was also a woman.  This woman persecuted me and treated me very ugly for over 4 years.  At first, I acted like a big ole baby!!  I squalled and balled and fussed and griped!!!  I was a whiney wimpy mess!!! 


Out of self defense, I had to pray all the way to work every day!!!  It got to the point where I didn’t even turn on the radio in my truck in the mornings, because I knew that it would distract me and I knew that I had to pray for and over this woman, so that I would have a good day. 


At first, I feared this lady and I feared her every attack, but as time went on, I realized that she couldn’t fire me unless GOD said so!  The longer I was there, the better things seemed to get and at the end of my time there, I began to get comfortable!!!  It was then that GOD showed me that I had passed the test and that it was time to go! 


Unfortunately, because I had gotten comfortable, I failed to listen and obey GOD when HE told me to start looking for a new job!  Then because I made a mistake, I got fired.  Needless to say, if I had already found a new job and moved on, I wouldn’t have gotten fired!!! 


I found out that 2 months after I left, that same boss lost her job.  They said that once I left, she started harassing all the other employees in her department.  I was told that it got so bad that some of the other department heads reported her!!!  The company warned her, but she didn’t listen and they ended up firing her. 


At least when I lost my job, I had GOD to take care of me!!!  HE had even prepared me financially!!! 


When I asked GOD why she had gotten so bad and behaved the way she did, HE reminded me that when I left, I had stopped praying for her every day.  HE said that I had taken my covering with me when I left, and that because I wasn’t there to pray over her each day, she had gotten worse. 


You see, my prayers and my words were affecting her behavior!!!  I had been speaking PEACE over her each and every day.  When I left, suddenly there was no one there intervening and praying for her.
 


GOD just gave me this analogy in regards to that situation!!!  If you remove a dam from a lake or river, all the waters begin to flow unrestricted and they run wherever they want to go, flooding, damaging, and even destroying whatever is in their way!!!  This woman was like the water and my prayers were like the dam that was keeping the water at bay!!!   


It is very scary to see and know what GOD can and will do when someone messes with one of HIS children!!!  



Hebrews 10:30-31 (NIV)

30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”

31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.


Hebrews 10:30-31 (AMP)

30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine [retribution and the deliverance of justice rest with Me], I will repay [the wrongdoer].” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”

31 It is a fearful and terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God [incurring His judgment and wrath].


I have NOT experienced GOD’s wrath nor do I ever want to, but I realize now that on several occasions, I have seen and heard of the aftermath of HIS GREAT WRATH!!! 


2 Samuel 22:7-8

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.


No comments: